What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:09 am

Watched Chronicles of Narnia on Friday with the wife - ;-D ;-D 9.5/10 - really liked it...

Watched Buying the Cow on DVD last night - funny movie, worth the $2.99 we paid to buy it at Blockbuster ;-) 7.5/10
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:47 pm

lmcjaho wrote:Watched Chronicles of Narnia on Friday with the wife - ;-D ;-D 9.5/10 - really liked it...

Watched Buying the Cow on DVD last night - funny movie, worth the $2.99 we paid to buy it at Blockbuster ;-) 7.5/10

Ive been wanting to see Chonicles of Narnia....watched part of Blazing Saddles last night before I passed out. Flippin hillarous as usual!

Love the scene when Cleavon Little pops his head out and says "Wheres all the white women at?"

Cracks me up every time I watch it! 10/10!
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby The_Captain » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:41 pm

I watched "The Island" last night with Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson.

Good flick, not a bad story line but the love scene was weak. Someone told me Scarlett gets nekked in this movie but she doesn't. The car chase on the highwasy was freakin' awesome.

7 / 10.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:14 pm

footballchick23 wrote:Saw Grizzly Man last night...it was really good up until the point you figured out they weren't going to play the audio of the attack...LAME! That would have made the perfect ending to the movie. Timothy Treadwell is one wacked out dude, that's for sure. I highly recommend this movie if you want to watch a truly mental person video taping himself. Anyone know if you can even hear the audio anywhere?

Sounds cool ... what would you rate it Chick?
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:14 pm

saw Elektra last night, was pretty good (and pretty hot :-b ) if you like unrealistic movies.

8.5/10
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby cardiac cats » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:17 pm

rented a few movies from blockbuster...

The Island- 8/10 solid action flick.....and scarlett johannson is so freakin' hot
Serenity-7.5/10 once again solid action flick. Movie starts out kinda slow but picks up steam towards the end.
Puddle Cruiser- 7/10 from the dudes who did super troopers and club dread, this was their 1st film. Good comedy, not up to par of super troopers or club dread, but still a good watch.
Havoc-6.5/10 yes the movie that shows anne hathaway topless( 3 times ;-D ). Believing anne was some rich, bratty wannabe gangsta was almost laughable at times and the movie tries to throw in some political and racial themes, but they don't resonate well with the audience. Eh, decent watch if only for the nudity.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:40 am

Watched Magnolia last night for the second time. I love this film, a little depressing at times but a great movie. 9/10

Best scene is when it starts raining frogs. Amazing.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:19 pm

Lushcrush wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:Saw Grizzly Man last night...it was really good up until the point you figured out they weren't going to play the audio of the attack...LAME! That would have made the perfect ending to the movie. Timothy Treadwell is one wacked out dude, that's for sure. I highly recommend this movie if you want to watch a truly mental person video taping himself. Anyone know if you can even hear the audio anywhere?

Sounds cool ... what would you rate it Chick?

I'd say 8/10...but only for watching it the first time since you don't know what to expect. If they had aired the audio, definitely a 9 or 10!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby josebach » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:50 pm

Metroid wrote:Watched Magnolia last night for the second time. I love this film, a little depressing at times but a great movie. 9/10

Best scene is when it starts raining frogs. Amazing.

I thought it was a decent movie UNTIL that scene. What was the point of that? If you know, please enlighten me.

Don't laugh, but I watched "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". My wife wanted me to watch it with her and I must admit it was pretty good. If you like LOTS of drama, I recommend it.

8.0/10
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby xted30 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:56 pm

If anyone's into thrillers/horor, The Skeleton Key was awesome. Just watched it the other night. 8/10
xted30
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk