What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby josebach » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:59 pm

xted30 wrote:If anyone's into thrillers/horor, The Skeleton Key was awesome. Just watched it the other night. 8/10

Yeah, that was better than I thought it would be. I agree with your rating. Another horror movie I saw that was better than I thought it would be was "House of Wax". Pretty good flick. 8/10
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:31 pm

josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:Watched Magnolia last night for the second time. I love this film, a little depressing at times but a great movie. 9/10

Best scene is when it starts raining frogs. Amazing.

I thought it was a decent movie UNTIL that scene. What was the point of that? If you know, please enlighten me.

Don't laugh, but I watched "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". My wife wanted me to watch it with her and I must admit it was pretty good. If you like LOTS of drama, I recommend it.

8.0/10

Its a biblical referance. I'm usure of the passage, or if the bible actually mentions "raining frogs" but I know there is something in there about frogs.

Do a google search on raining frogs(add the word bible).
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:35 pm

agree that skeleton key was very good. Very good twist to it
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:03 pm

i got quite a few movies watched over the break, here goes:

All 3 Lord of the Rings - Extended DVD - man that alot of movie to watch, but it still rocks. not sure which of the 3 is my favorite, i just like to watch it all as one giant film
10/10

Crash real good movie about all kinds of racial sterotypes and interactions in LA. good acting performances and good story. one of the better movies ive seen this year 8/10

Happy Endings Lisa Kudrow and Maggie Gyllenhall starred. it was OK, bacisally 3 intertwining stories that describing would give away the plot. if you like movies like Magnolia or whatnot it's worth checking out. its only about 2 hours but seemed even longer 6/10

Fantastic 4 there were only 2 good things about this movie and Jessica Alba had them (sorry, i stole this from somewhere). decent S[ecial Effects but the almost non-existent storyline was very rushed. could have used another half-hour or so of character development 4/10

Mr and Mrs Smith better than i thought it would be, for what it was trying to be. Angelina Jolie is hot 5/10

King Kong pretty good, really picks up after the 1st hour or so. some really impressive sequences, but nothing that sticks with me 7/10

i think that's it. i've also been watching quite a bit of Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiam on HBO. pretty good show, pretty, pretty good

also saw 40 Year Old Virgin it was OK, but i think the outtakes/deleted scenes on the DVD were funnier than the movie itself 6/10
Last edited by Dan Lambskin on Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:04 pm

DelhommesFan1 wrote:agree that skeleton key was very good. Very good twist to it

i'm gonna have to rent this, i just hope the twist isnt lame
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:06 pm

Metroid wrote:
josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:Watched Magnolia last night for the second time. I love this film, a little depressing at times but a great movie. 9/10

Best scene is when it starts raining frogs. Amazing.

I thought it was a decent movie UNTIL that scene. What was the point of that? If you know, please enlighten me.

Don't laugh, but I watched "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". My wife wanted me to watch it with her and I must admit it was pretty good. If you like LOTS of drama, I recommend it.

8.0/10

Its a biblical referance. I'm usure of the passage, or if the bible actually mentions "raining frogs" but I know there is something in there about frogs.

Do a google search on raining frogs(add the word bible).

Tom Cruise is freakin awesome in that movie, so is Juilianne Moore. she has some funny lines that i cant really repeat here.

i give that movie a 10/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moonhead » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:07 pm

i watched Alexander last night.

all i have to say is Oliver Stone, lay off the LSD when you're in the director's chair. I don't mind you using it as a springboard for your ideas, but when you make a movie under the influence of it...the movie sucks.

I'm rating this movie 4/10.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:19 pm

I watched 4 over the holiday fest
1. House of Wax, much better than I thought, there is something about Paris to me that is just so freaking hot. Oh I remember her little dirty video. Decent gore, and story 8-10 for a horror flick.
2. The Last Days, by some guy name gus van sant, this movie could've been good, it's a fictional account of cobains last days. If you like slow drawn out scenes and an anti-climactic ending with some sparce cool scenes then this movie is for you. And by the way in no way is the character eluded to as Cobain only by the way he wears his hair and dresses. His name is Blake in the movie. 5/10
3. Fantastic 4, well I'm kinda a sucker for comic book films. I thought the graphics were great, I liked the Thing though I wish he'd been huge, it was a bit rushed but really a tollerable and enjoyable flick 7/10
4. Then there was Mr and Mrs Smith (YAWN) what load of crap, that's all I'm going to endear that video with 3/10, and it got 3 cause Jolie is dirty sexy ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:10 am

Just rented two movies from Netflix.

Wedding Crashers (Uncorked Edition)

I simply love this movie. They give you a choice of watching the Theatrical Version or the Uncorked Version. From what I've read, the Uncorked is 8 minutes longer, but it doesn't really add much. There's one scene that the butler accuses Vince Vaughn of trying to sleep with the Grandma, a few more boobs, and some other stuff. I saw the movie in the theatres and I watched the Uncorked version last night and it's really hard to tell what's been added besides that Butler/Grandma scene.

I haven't watched all the special features yet, but I'm anxious to see "The Rules of Wedding Crashing... a 24-page text listing of the rules cited within the film by the main characters."

I also rented Into the Blue with Jessica Alba. I have a feeling that this will be a terrible movie, but it's almost impossible to turn down a Jessica Alba movie where she wears a bathing suit the whole time.

I haven't watched this yet, but I'll give two thumbs up to Jessica Alba.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby louisianacajunsam » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:02 pm

saw skeleton key a few weeks ago...thought it was pretty terrible...its just that its made out to be some kind of horror movie or something, when its really pretty boring and not scary...plus kate hudsons wayyy overrated.... give it a 5/10

if any of you havent seen 40 year old virgin or wedding crashers, they are out for rent right now and they are must sees....both are instant classics...funny stuff... 10/10's

agree about office space.... 9/10
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk