What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:02 pm

sweet. i've got it queued from netflix. i'll check that out this weekend.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby moonhead » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 am

I saw Narnia today. It was pretty good. They didn't stray from the book much...I can really only think of 2 scenes where they did.

The kids kind of pissed me off...But the White Witch was awesome, the CGI was incredible, the fighting was weak.

Overall I give it a 8.0/10.0.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby josebach » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:33 am

I saw Four Brothers last night. What a waste of time. What's strange is I went on-line to look at reviews on Yahoo movies (I do this a lot after I see a particularly good or particularly bad movie) and the users gave it a B+. 8-o B+, are you kidding me? Of course the first 50 reviews were all outstanding. I'm beginning to think that people in the movie industry hire people to write favorable reviews the second midnight of opening day comes around... you know, before anybody is actually able to see the movie? That way, when people read the first page or two of the user reviews they'll read all positive stuff. Anyway, there was a decent amount of action it it, but I swear the the dialogue and story sounded like it was written by a 15 year old. I don't know, maybe I have this one wrong, so I don't want to tell anybody not to watch it, but man... what a stinker.

6/10
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Homeless » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:29 am

Brothers Grimm - I was really disappointed with it. I tend to think if its a Matt Damon movie it will be good. Guess his standards are slipping. 6/10

The football factory (soccer violence) - If you want to see what life was like for the violent soccer fan in England during the late 70's and into the 90's this movie gives you somewhat of a picture though its not completely accurate. It does show what going to the pub was like, i.e you didnt want to look sideways at the wrong "bloke" or he'd kick yer face in.
Overall its a low budget poor script movie, but for bringing back memories and seeing the stupidity of soccer hooligans its great.
7/10
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:20 pm

Saw Team America: World Police last night for the first time since I had seen it in theaters. One of my favorite comedies ever, without a doubt.

9/10
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby moonhead » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:37 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:Saw Team America: World Police last night for the first time since I had seen it in theaters. One of my favorite comedies ever, without a doubt.

9/10

more fun to talk about than to watch if you ask me.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Flockers » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:13 pm

Maaatt Daaamon!
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Canacuna » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:21 pm

MATT DAMON!!

Anyway, I've watched a few movies...

A couple years ago, I was browsin' the five-dollar bin at some store... may have been Hastings... maybe Wal*Mart... maybe TARGET... I just can't say for sure... but anyway, hidden withen, was a 'lil gem named Tigerland. I FINALLY decided to watch it the other night... It's got Colin Farrell, Cole Hauser, Clifton Collins Jr., and some other dudes. It's about them training for Vietnam... it's a good show, especially for the $5 price tag (also make sure and grab Suicide Kings and Made while you're there).

Run Ronnie Run was alright. Lotta good cameos in there... actually, outside of Bob and David, pretty much every other part with a cameo.

I was surprised by Lords of Dogtown... from the previews it looked like it would suck, but it was actually not a terrible way to spend two hours. It wasn't bad... it wasn't good... probably average. Heath Ledger did pretty good in it, methinks. But I dunno, I've always dug skateboarding and surfing stuff...

Serendity was another movie that looked horrible to me in the previews... it was another average show, methinks.

I also watched the first season of Deadwood. Good stuff.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Tiki » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:14 pm

I saw Glory Road last night and it was awesome. Now I was high so the movie was really intense, but the acting was good and a great story. I thought the way they developed the players relationships was really well done. Ill give it
9/10 ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:29 pm

Tiki wrote:I saw Glory Road last night and it was awesome. Now I was high so the movie was really intense, but the acting was good and a great story. I thought the way they developed the players relationships was really well done. Ill give it
9/10 ;-D

Why would you blaze before you went to see Glory Road?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk