What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:30 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Tiki wrote:I saw Glory Road last night and it was awesome. Now I was high so the movie was really intense, but the acting was good and a great story. I thought the way they developed the players relationships was really well done. Ill give it
9/10 ;-D

Why would you blaze before you went to see Glory Road?
Because I enjoy getting high
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:34 pm

Tiki wrote:
Tiki wrote:I saw Glory Road last night and it was awesome. Now I was high so the movie was really intense, but the acting was good and a great story. I thought the way they developed the players relationships was really well done. Ill give it
9/10 ;-D

I am with you there, but why Glory Road? At least go see something trippy like King Kong or Narnia.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:34 pm

9/10 ;-D

anything to make the sequel to remember the titans more watchable.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Tiki » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:46 pm

Tiki wrote:
9/10 ;-D

I am with you there, but why Glory Road? At least go see something trippy like King Kong or Narnia.
Seen those two already and I am a sports fan, so it enhanced the experience when they played the close games it was so intense like I was there. I'm tellin' watch more sports movies, games what ever high and it will be so awesome!

Well maybe not football games those are reserved for beer....And some hard stuff, but mainly beer. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:44 am

I just finished watching Aliens: Special Edition (1986). It's the extended cut of the James Cameron masterpiece from 86, before other crappy directors decided to ruin the flawless series with their own brand of Sci-fi. I've seen this version before, but the sheer beauty of this film has garnered countless re-watches from yours truly. The fact that suits from Fox made Cameron cut out nearly a half-hour of this film is criminal. The additional 20+ minutes added onto the original cut aren't necessary as far as plot value is concerned, but the quality of the scenes demand viewing by any fan of the series. In this 21 minutes we learn a lot more about Ripley's emotions towards Newt and the connection she makes with Ripley's own offspring she left behind some 50+ years before she's found in stasis at the beginning of Aliens. An entire reel involving Newt's first encounters with the Aliens is added as well as battle footage involving some nifty sentry guns never seen before in the original cut. All in all, everything about this film personifies what great science fiction/horror is all about. It's amazing how well this film actually stands up some 20 years later. I swear it could have been released yesterday and it would still be a blockbuster. For those of you that haven't seen it, rent it now. For fans of the genre, it's worth the $20 to buy the two disc special edition version. Director/Actor commentary, behind the scenes footage, hours of extras and both versions of the film are included. It's an easy 10/10.

Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:52 am

Tiki wrote:
9/10 ;-D

or Hostel, that movie almost gave me a heart attack
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:01 am

Canacuna wrote:I was surprised by Lords of Dogtown... from the previews it looked like it would suck, but it was actually not a terrible way to spend two hours. It wasn't bad... it wasn't good... probably average. Heath Ledger did pretty good in it, methinks. But I dunno, I've always dug skateboarding and surfing stuff...

'Cuna - all I can say is if you have a chance to watch the original documentary that the movie is very loosely based on I highly recommend it - MUCH MUCH better movie... Dogtown and Z-Boys
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby CC » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:12 am

I watched Criminal with John C. Reilly, Diego Luna, and Maggie Gyllenhaal today. I wasn't expecting much but it turned out to be pretty good. Reilly was really good and I found it to be pretty entertaining. Plus it had a solid twist at the end.

8/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CHE » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:47 am

lmcjaho wrote:
Canacuna wrote:I was surprised by Lords of Dogtown... from the previews it looked like it would suck, but it was actually not a terrible way to spend two hours. It wasn't bad... it wasn't good... probably average. Heath Ledger did pretty good in it, methinks. But I dunno, I've always dug skateboarding and surfing stuff...

'Cuna - all I can say is if you have a chance to watch the original documentary that the movie is very loosely based on I highly recommend it - MUCH MUCH better movie... Dogtown and Z-Boys

I just bought that movie on the weeknd. The documntary was lot better then the movie though.
CHE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Homeless » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:08 am

Team America World Police LOL I love that movie ;-D

Anyway I saw the great Raid tonight.
Its compare dto Saving Private Ryan among other great war movies.

All I can say is, if you know the true story behind the movie, you will probably like the movie. If like me you were expecting something along the lines of Private Ryan, or something with more action in it, you will be disappointed.
5/10
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk