What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:39 am

I saw The Island last night. I thought it was very good, and the girl was incredibly hott.

The action and the twists were very good.

I'd give it an 8.5/10, a must see on video.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:32 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I just finished watching Aliens: Special Edition (1986). It's the extended cut of the James Cameron masterpiece from 86, before other crappy directors decided to ruin the flawless series with their own brand of Sci-fi. I've seen this version before, but the sheer beauty of this film has garnered countless re-watches from yours truly. The fact that suits from Fox made Cameron cut out nearly a half-hour of this film is criminal. The additional 20+ minutes added onto the original cut aren't necessary as far as plot value is concerned, but the quality of the scenes demand viewing by any fan of the series. In this 21 minutes we learn a lot more about Ripley's emotions towards Newt and the connection she makes with Ripley's own offspring she left behind some 50+ years before she's found in stasis at the beginning of Aliens. An entire reel involving Newt's first encounters with the Aliens is added as well as battle footage involving some nifty sentry guns never seen before in the original cut. All in all, everything about this film personifies what great science fiction/horror is all about. It's amazing how well this film actually stands up some 20 years later. I swear it could have been released yesterday and it would still be a blockbuster. For those of you that haven't seen it, rent it now. For fans of the genre, it's worth the $20 to buy the two disc special edition version. Director/Actor commentary, behind the scenes footage, hours of extras and both versions of the film are included. It's an easy 10/10.

Alien and Aliens are great...i really like that butch chick Vazquez in Aliens.

Alien 3 on the other hand is an abominantion. It almost ruined director David Finchers career and he has basically disowned it. i think the studio basically forced him to make crap and he just got sick of it and said "fine"

Alien resurection is better than 3, but still pretty bad, especially the "cream of wheat" monster at the end

i watched This is Spinal Tap yesterday for the first time. that movie cracks me up...those guys are so believable as a real rock band
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:42 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I just finished watching Aliens: Special Edition (1986). It's the extended cut of the James Cameron masterpiece from 86, before other crappy directors decided to ruin the flawless series with their own brand of Sci-fi. I've seen this version before, but the sheer beauty of this film has garnered countless re-watches from yours truly. The fact that suits from Fox made Cameron cut out nearly a half-hour of this film is criminal. The additional 20+ minutes added onto the original cut aren't necessary as far as plot value is concerned, but the quality of the scenes demand viewing by any fan of the series. In this 21 minutes we learn a lot more about Ripley's emotions towards Newt and the connection she makes with Ripley's own offspring she left behind some 50+ years before she's found in stasis at the beginning of Aliens. An entire reel involving Newt's first encounters with the Aliens is added as well as battle footage involving some nifty sentry guns never seen before in the original cut. All in all, everything about this film personifies what great science fiction/horror is all about. It's amazing how well this film actually stands up some 20 years later. I swear it could have been released yesterday and it would still be a blockbuster. For those of you that haven't seen it, rent it now. For fans of the genre, it's worth the $20 to buy the two disc special edition version. Director/Actor commentary, behind the scenes footage, hours of extras and both versions of the film are included. It's an easy 10/10.

Alien and Aliens are great...i really like that butch chick Vazquez in Aliens.

Alien 3 on the other hand is an abominantion. It almost ruined director David Finchers career and he has basically disowned it. i think the studio basically forced him to make crap and he just got sick of it and said "fine"

Alien resurection is better than 3, but still pretty bad, especially the "cream of wheat" monster at the end

i watched This is Spinal Tap yesterday for the first time. that movie cracks me up...those guys are so believable as a real rock band

I thought Aliens was the best of the series, Alien was good for the introducing the whole thing and yes reserection was better than 3.
But that monster at the end was kinda corny with the love scene between it and ripley. She is so not sexy in any way. Not even as the ghost slut in Ghostbusters.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:07 am

CHE wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:
Canacuna wrote:I was surprised by Lords of Dogtown... from the previews it looked like it would suck, but it was actually not a terrible way to spend two hours. It wasn't bad... it wasn't good... probably average. Heath Ledger did pretty good in it, methinks. But I dunno, I've always dug skateboarding and surfing stuff...

'Cuna - all I can say is if you have a chance to watch the original documentary that the movie is very loosely based on I highly recommend it - MUCH MUCH better movie... Dogtown and Z-Boys

I just bought that movie on the weeknd. The documntary was lot better then the movie though.

I own both the documentary and the film I like them both but the documentary is by far better. For those who like skateboarding or skateboarding history you should check out "Stoked: The Rise And Fall Of Gator." ;-D ;-D Two thumbs up! :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:30 am

We just watched "Love Actually" again over the weekend. I'm a Hugh Grant fan - just about anything he does I like. Plus, this one had Kiera Knightley looking very shaggadellic - always a plus. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:51 am

knapplc wrote:We just watched "Love Actually" again over the weekend. I'm a Hugh Grant fan - just about anything he does I like. Plus, this one had Kiera Knightley looking very shaggadellic - always a plus. ;-D

knapplc - 10 points for being a Hugh Grant fan! :-t Did'nt he loose Liz Hurley by hooking up with that skank Divine!?!
:-b :-b
He traded in this....

for this?

What a tool! :-t
Metroid

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:57 am

Yes, questionable move on his part, but I still like the guy.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:14 pm

knapplc wrote:Yes, questionable move on his part, but I still like the guy.

Questionable indeed. Just giving you a hard time.

On another note + 10 points for your taste in women! ;-D

Keria Knightly is a hottie! ;-D
Metroid

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:40 pm

Hugh Grant is well how do you say . . . ummm gay

Not that there's anything wrong with that
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CHE » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:56 am

just saw, Green Street hooligans it was a dope movie. You all should see it. It even had some references to fantasy football in it:-b frst movie i ever see n talk about fantasy football.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385002/
CHE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk