What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Payne Dailey » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:23 am

CHE wrote:just saw, Green Street hooligans it was a dope movie. You all should see it. It even had some references to fantasy football in it:-b frst movie i ever see n talk about fantasy football.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385002/

A wrongfully expelled Harvard undergrad moves to London, where he is introduced to the violent undeworld of soccer hooliganism
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:21 am

I watched Fight Club for about the 5th time yesterday.
Norton is my favorite actor and this is one of my top 5 favorite movies.

10/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:52 am

knapplc wrote:We just watched "Love Actually" again over the weekend. I'm a Hugh Grant fan - just about anything he does I like. Plus, this one had Kiera Knightley looking very shaggadellic - always a plus. ;-D

If you havent seen it already, you and the Mrs should watch: An Englishman who went up a Hill and came down a mountain.

Its an early ish Hugh Grant movie. If you can understand the Welsh accents, its pretty funny ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:56 am

Homeless wrote:
knapplc wrote:We just watched "Love Actually" again over the weekend. I'm a Hugh Grant fan - just about anything he does I like. Plus, this one had Kiera Knightley looking very shaggadellic - always a plus. ;-D

If you havent seen it already, you and the Mrs should watch: An Englishman who went up a Hill and came down a mountain.

Its an early ish Hugh Grant movie. If you can understand the Welsh accents, its pretty funny ;-D

Funny and Hugh Grant should never be used in the same sentence, paragraph, document.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:27 am

Redskins Win wrote:Funny and Hugh Grant should never be used in the same sentence, paragraph, document.

RW and I don't agree on much, but on important stuff like this, we are in complete agreement.

"I haven't seen an Engilshman take a blow like that since Hugh Grant." (Southpark, Season 1)

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby louisianacajunsam » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:41 am

hugh grant makes me want to vomit...

the only funny thing or interesting thing he's ever done was take that blow
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:47 am

Watched Red Eye

Someone told me this was good. It wasn't. It's 1 hour and 23 minutes for a reason. It's the same crap over and over again and they struggled to run it for that long. REALLY uninspired story. These thrillers are so predictable nowadays.

3/10

Watched Oldboy

A Korean film, but I rented it because it was recommended by Quentin Tarantino. I really liked this film. It's definitely not perfect, but it's a great little tale. The tagline is
An average man is kidnapped and imprisoned in a shabby cell for 15 years without explanation. He then is released, equipped with money, a cellphone and expensive clothes. As he strives to explain his imprisonment and get his revenge, he soon finds out that not only his kidnapper has still plans for him, but that those plans will serve as the even worse finale to 15 years of imprisonment.

Very cool, very stylish.

8.5/10
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:06 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Watched Red Eye

Someone told me this was good. It wasn't. It's 1 hour and 23 minutes for a reason. It's the same crap over and over again and they struggled to run it for that long. REALLY uninspired story. These thrillers are so predictable nowadays.

3/10

I liked it. Then again, I like anything that Rachel McAdams is in. There's definitely something about her that's extremely attractive... personality and all. Don't laugh, but "The Notebook" has become one of my favorite movies.

I also like Cillian Murphy. He was good in this movie, 28 Days Later and Batman.

I agree the story was silly, but it's a Wes Craven movie... what did you expect?

7.5/10
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:13 pm

josebach wrote:I liked it. Then again, I like anything that Rachel McAdams is in. There's definitely something about her that's extremely attractive... personality and all. Don't laugh, but "The Notebook" has become one of my favorite movies.

I also like Cillian Murphy. He was good in this movie, 28 Days Later and Batman.

I agree the story was silly, but it's a Wes Craven movie... what did you expect?

7.5/10

Wes Craven didn't write it. I watched some of the special features and Wes said that it was one of the best thriller scripts he's ever read. It was his first time directing a movie not in the horror genre.

I liked Cillian Murphy in 28 Days Later. He was okay in Batman, but that role really didn't demand much. His role was pretty small and he had much better actors to take the pressure off him (Bale, Neeson, Oldman, and Freeman). Now that I think of it, the Batman Begins cast was pretty awesome. I didn't like Cillian here. His character was so generic and he really didn't speak for the last half of the movie (for good reason).

I liked McAdams in Mean Girls. She was okay here and okay in Wedding Crashers.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:27 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
josebach wrote:I liked it. Then again, I like anything that Rachel McAdams is in. There's definitely something about her that's extremely attractive... personality and all. Don't laugh, but "The Notebook" has become one of my favorite movies.

7.5/10

Wes Craven didn't write it. I watched some of the special features and Wes said that it was one of the best thriller scripts he's ever read. It was his first time directing a movie not in the horror genre.

I liked Cillian Murphy in 28 Days Later. He was okay in Batman, but that role really didn't demand much. His role was pretty small and he had much better actors to take the pressure off him (Bale, Neeson, Oldman, and Freeman). Now that I think of it, the Batman Begins cast was pretty awesome. I didn't like Cillian here. His character was so generic and he really didn't speak for the last half of the movie (for good reason).

I liked McAdams in Mean Girls. She was okay here and okay in Wedding Crashers.

Thanks for not laughing at that whole "Notebook" thing. :-)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk