Porter signing sinks moss deal? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Porter signing sinks moss deal?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Porter signing sinks moss deal?

Postby steelyeri » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:37 pm

This is just a rumor and I don't know if it's true but it's pretty interesting none the less.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

PORTER SIGNING SINKS MOSS DEAL

With Raiders receiver Jerry Porter signing a new contract to stay with the team that drafted him out of West Virginia in 2000, the Raiders won't be swinging a trade with the Vikings for receiver Randy Moss.

And that's the deal that was in place a day ago, but on which we couldn't elaborate at the time, at the request of the source.

Per the source, the Raiders were poised to send a first-round pick, a seventh-round pick, and linebacker Napoleon Harris to the Vikings in exchange for Moss.

We're not saying that Moss won't be traded. On Monday night, the NFL Network's Adam Schefter apparently reported that two undisclosed teams were talking to the Vikings. But the only one we knew of was the Raiders, and they're now officially out of the Moss market.

Other possible suitors for Moss' services include the Ravens, with rumors of a possible trade including linebacker Terrell Suggs. However, Suggs' agent, Gary Wichard, told us on Tuesday afternoon that he's heard "not a word" about any such deal going down.

Moss reportedly has said the two teams he'd like to be traded to are the Falcons and the Ravens. The Falcons likely aren't interested; the Ravens might be.

And it's impossible to rule out the Cardinals, who are coached by Dennis Green. Green drafted Moss in 1998, after he plummeted through the first twenty picks of round one. The only problem is that adding Moss would give the Cardinals a glut of receiver -- and that the Vikes might not be inclined to hand Moss over to Green under any circumstances.

POSTED 2:29 p.m. EST, February 22, 2005
[/url]

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

never...

Postby RayVins » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:40 pm

there is no way that the ravens would trade away one of the most promising young defensive players in the NFL for randy moss... ever.

if we franchised hartwell and traded him, or maybe even adailus thomas... but never suggs.
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: never...

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:26 pm

RayVins wrote:there is no way that the ravens would trade away one of the most promising young defensive players in the NFL for randy moss... ever.

if we franchised hartwell and traded him, or maybe even adailus thomas... but never suggs.

Probably not Suggs but I bet the Ravens do make a trade for Moss. They've been a little too quiet on the whole situation (I know, rules). I bet a deal will come pretty soon.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:39 pm

i hope not. I want Moss in silver and black.

Truthfully the raiders do not have any serious talent with their current WRs. They have potential. But i do not see any of them becoming serious recievers.

Curry is a decent choice. But is as thin as paper.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:04 pm

Per the source, the Raiders were poised to send a first-round pick, a seventh-round pick, and linebacker Napoleon Harris to the Vikings in exchange for Moss.

That would have been a fantastic deal for Minnesota. To bad. ;-)
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:27 pm

i wouldnt want to give up suggs for moss. no thanks. 8-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:29 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:i wouldnt want to give up suggs for moss. no thanks. 8-o

i think giving suggs for moss is legit, but the ravens would need to get someone to throw the ball to him. Jeff Garcia perhaps? Or the fantastic jonathon Quin???
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:44 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:i wouldnt want to give up suggs for moss. no thanks. 8-o

i think giving suggs for moss is legit, but the ravens would need to get someone to throw the ball to him. Jeff Garcia perhaps? Or the fantastic jonathon Quin???

id take boller over those garbage factories any day 8-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:47 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:Or the fantastic jonathon Quin???

I think you meant to say the "The Mighty Quinn."

;-)
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:54 am

i don't think moss moves at all. The new owner fowler wants to keep him, and i tend to agree with that kind of thinking.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk