Henry to Zona - UPDATE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry to Zona - UPDATE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Henry to Zona - UPDATE

Postby bigGAME101 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:54 pm

-- Shelton to Bills for Henry a Done Deal? --
Wed Feb 23, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

Bills Daily reports an NFL Network report says that the Bills and Cardinals have agreed to a trade in principle that will bring OT L.J. Shelton to Buffalo in exchange for RB Travis Henry. The move would be pending physicals and possibly on a new contract for Henry. There is nothing confirmed yet and no word if draft picks are involved as well. A deal can't be officially announced until the trading period opens on March 2nd.

Well, if this is true, we might be looking at a very rare player-for-player trade that would work on both sides...I will try and keep everyone who is interested posted.
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:00 pm

That is great for both teams!

I like Henry and think he will do well in AZ. Now they can draft a QB and start trying to turn that team into an NFL franchise.

Smith (or Rodgers in a long shot), Boldin, Fitz., Henry is definately a good start on offense.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:02 pm

This sounds as if it's a good deal for all parties involved.And yes,I include us fantasy players as well!Hopefully they get something done and not get our hopes up.If this deal goes down,is Henry going to have a big enough impact to bring the Cards to sniffing distance of respectability?They do have good young WR talent,but the QB is a bit shaky.Playoffs,possibly?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:22 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:This sounds as if it's a good deal for all parties involved.And yes,I include us fantasy players as well!Hopefully they get something done and not get our hopes up.If this deal goes down,is Henry going to have a big enough impact to bring the Cards to sniffing distance of respectability?They do have good young WR talent,but the QB is a bit shaky.Playoffs,possibly?

If they can get a decent QB, they can start thinking about playoffs in a year or two.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:35 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:This sounds as if it's a good deal for all parties involved.And yes,I include us fantasy players as well!Hopefully they get something done and not get our hopes up.If this deal goes down,is Henry going to have a big enough impact to bring the Cards to sniffing distance of respectability?They do have good young WR talent,but the QB is a bit shaky.Playoffs,possibly?

If they can get a decent QB, they can start thinking about playoffs in a year or two.

Heck, in their division they can start thinking about playoffs right now. :-o
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:44 pm

With the additon of say Rodgers, the Cardinals looks like they would have a very young, nice lookin offense

Rodgers, Henry, Boldin, Fitz, and Freddy Jones looks like a good offense for years to come ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigGAME101 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:48 pm

J2thez929 wrote:With the additon of say Rodgers, the Cardinals looks like they would have a very young, nice lookin offense

Rodgers, Henry, Boldin, Fitz, and Freddy Jones looks like a good offense for years to come ;-D

I dont know if I would put Freddy in there with those guys "for yars to come", but you definately have the right idea about an improving offense with those guys at the helm. At the very least, Freddy will provide some veteran leadership and a security blanket for whichever QB is there, likely for a couple more years.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:02 pm

If Freddie is still there. I believe he is a UFA and the Cardinals didn't tag him.

I think I read that somewhere, but not 100% sure.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:13 pm

I added Freddy to the list b/c I think he can be a productive TE with a good QB at the helm.

BTW, I didnt know he was a UFA. Is that true? Any word on where if he is staying or going
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:34 pm

Yeah. Check these lists.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=130359

I could have sworn I read that the Cardinals felt he "never lived up to expectations," but again, don't quote me on that.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk