Henry to Zona - UPDATE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry to Zona - UPDATE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Horizons » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:18 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:This sounds as if it's a good deal for all parties involved.And yes,I include us fantasy players as well!Hopefully they get something done and not get our hopes up.If this deal goes down,is Henry going to have a big enough impact to bring the Cards to sniffing distance of respectability?They do have good young WR talent,but the QB is a bit shaky.Playoffs,possibly?

If they can get a decent QB, they can start thinking about playoffs in a year or two.

Heck, in their division they can start thinking about playoffs right now. :-o

lmao, I have to agree with you there ;-)
Don't give up the ship...........sell it!!
Horizons
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere on the "Trail of Tears" between the tube and GameCenter

Postby CC » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:35 pm

Good trade for both teams, especially the Bills. Shelton will offset the loss of Jonas Jennings, allowing them to look at the guard or defensive tackle positions in the draft.

BTW, no way Rodgers falls to 8.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:48 pm

Horizons wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:This sounds as if it's a good deal for all parties involved.And yes,I include us fantasy players as well!Hopefully they get something done and not get our hopes up.If this deal goes down,is Henry going to have a big enough impact to bring the Cards to sniffing distance of respectability?They do have good young WR talent,but the QB is a bit shaky.Playoffs,possibly?

If they can get a decent QB, they can start thinking about playoffs in a year or two.

That was my thought process behind that question.That offense is now suddenly potent,and the division stinks.I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility anyway.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby cooleyhigh » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:38 pm

I am drooling at McGahees prospects with an improved offensive line.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:39 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
Horizons wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:

That was my thought process behind that question.That offense is now suddenly potent,and the division stinks.I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility anyway.

The NFC West don't stink, it doesn't smell good, but it don't stink. The Cardinals are nowhere near the potential of the Rams or Seahawks. The Seahawks being the better of the two, IMO.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:43 pm

I gotta love Travis Henry getting somewhere where he can do some things. The guy is a quality back, just not as quality as McGahee. I wouldn't mind him on my team if he is running for the Cards next year. OL help can only make McGahee better, so it really seems it would be WIN WIN, and that dont come aournd too often folks
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:43 pm

I guess I'm down on the Hawks because of the terrible way they ended the season last year.It was like someone poked holes in their tires but they kept driving anyway.And the Rams,their just one more Martz season away from being at the bottom.This guy can't call a game to save his life.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:44 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:
Horizons wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:

The NFC West don't stink, it doesn't smell good, but it don't stink. The Cardinals are nowhere near the potential of the Rams or Seahawks. The Seahawks being the better of the two, IMO.

*sigh* When we beat you guys three times again next year are you STILL going to say you're superior? tsk-tsk. Cards should improve quite a bit. As far as McGahee goes, I don't think Shelton is a huge upgrade over Jennings, he just stays healthier, but his upside is better.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby MadScott » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:48 pm

Looks to be a nice trade where both sides will benefit. I still think that Bennett would be a better fit in that offense but that doesn't look like it's going to occur.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:30 pm

Good deal. Bills upgrade the line for Willis and Zona gets a running game.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk