Tiki Barber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tiki Barber

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tiki Barber

Postby FootballFan1 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:00 pm

Did anyone catch Tiki Barber this weekend commentating for the AFL (arena football)? I actually find AFL entertaining to watch and is something I can get into now that the NFL season is over with. They're really pushing celebrities between Tiki, Bon Jovi, Tim McGraw, John Elway...any one else watching the arena league?
FootballFan1
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:01 pm

I can't say I watch religiously, but when I'm just sitting around on a Sunday I'll flip on a Rush game and watch.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:03 pm

I have to admit, it can be pretty entertaining at times. I don't like the idea that there's hardly any defense involved, but it's alright if there's nothing else going on. Heck, I even owned season tickets for the Sabercats, but just for the one season.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:05 pm

It's not very accesible yet,so I really only get the one game they decide to put on that week(usually the Rush),but I do tune in every week.It's a nice break from the NFL in a way because of the crazy scoring,but I'll still take some good old NFL any day.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Horizons » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:14 pm

I have a hard time getting into the AFL and it's a far cry from the NFL, but it beats a blank screen trying to tune into the NHL... :~(
Don't give up the ship...........sell it!!
Horizons
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 12)
Location: Somewhere on the "Trail of Tears" between the tube and GameCenter

Postby tpetty6320 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:14 pm

here in atlanta they are giving the full court press trying to get people out to the Georgia Force.... i think i might go to a game after i heard how fun it was. heard it described like hockey "more fun to go to than watch on tv" i am also one of those guys that likes going to minor league games vs. MLB so it might be fun
tpetty6320
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:17 pm

I watch it sometimes when I happen to catch it...I did see Tiki on there though,talking about his new technique for holding onto the ball and how it could help others.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk