Moss Trade Looks Done - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss Trade Looks Done

Moderator: Football Moderators

Me 2

Postby WeekSixteen » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:27 pm

As a vikings fan and a burleson owner,

I really like what this does for the vikes. This will make us more of a team now. We wanted to get rid of Randy and we did, I'm excited to see what will happen next year.
WeekSixteen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chaindog35 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:50 pm

yeah, i'd like this. but as a cpepp, moss, collins owner I feel like this may hurt me a little. Cpepp loses a little, moss stays the same and collins goes up, but i really didn't care that much about my backup qb.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:56 pm

I have a hard time figuring out who did worse - the Vikes trading away Moss or the Raptors trading Vince Carter? :-? that's a tough one.

At least the Vikes got the 7th overall pick - of course by the time they make their minds up, it will be the 12th overall pick...

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:35 pm

I think that the Vikings went from a great offensive team with a horrible defence to a good offensive team with a mediocre defence. Another 8-8 or 9-7 season looks imminent.

I think the Packers are the big winners from this trade, I'm thrilled to have someone who has taken the Packers apart as frequently as Moss has out of the division.

Funny quote: Bob Slowik - former Packers DC and DB coach and current Broncos DB coach - "I just can't seem to get away from him" :-b
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:40 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I think that the Vikings went from a great offensive team with a horrible defence to a good offensive team with a mediocre defence. Another 8-8 or 9-7 season looks imminent.

I think the Packers are the big winners from this trade, I'm thrilled to have someone who has taken the Packers apart as frequently as Moss has out of the division.

Funny quote: Bob Slowik - former Packers DC and DB coach and current Broncos DB coach - "I just can't seem to get away from him" :-b

That Slowik quote is great, where did you find that? Could you post a link to it? Thanks!
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:45 pm

I think Moss wanted out as badly as they wanted him gone.Now he doesn't have to get embarrassed by Peanut every time they play the Bears vaunted D!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby CC » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:54 pm

Here you go Carolina Culpepper:

Slowik Quote and Such

A couple of other quotes I read:

Ron Wolf, former Packer GM - "I should have taken that guy"

Dick Vermiel, upon hearing Moss was coming to the division - "That's just great"
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:32 pm

And Porter is happy about it too. I was kind of wondering if he knew when he re-signed.

Porter says he welcomes the addition of Randy Moss to the Raiders but didn't know about his planned acquisition during recent contract talks. "I feel great about it," Porter told the Oakland Tribune. "I welcome him with open arms. ... I know a lot of teams in the AFC West are going to draft defense right now. They changed their whole draft board."

wwhttp://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=1317
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:33 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Dick Vermiel, upon hearing Moss was coming to the division - "That's just great"

Haha, I can see that one now...tears streaming down his face... :-b :-/
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:06 pm

bungle613 wrote:Hello all, thought I would chime in. Haven't been back here since the end of the season and wanted to see what you thought about this deal. Figured that my poor Vikes would get bashed for this deal. I for one love it. Now, if we could only deal Culpepper maybe we could contend.

Are you nuts? Culpepper is easily or best player, and is one of the most talented QB's in the league. He had one of the best seasons in NFL history, and would have been a lock for MVP if not for Peyton Manning. He had a 70% completion percentage! That is unheard of! Why in the world would we want to get rid of Culpepper? There is no way we could get a better QB.

And if you think Culpepper has an attitude problem like Moss, you couldn't be farther than the truth. Culpepper is one of the best people in the league, IMHO. Have you seen his Beyond the Glory special? This guy is a great person. He bought his birth mother a house, despite the fact that she didn't raise him. He isn't one of those locker room problems. He is a great player, and a LEADER. That is what we need.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye