Moss a Raider!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

Moss a Raider!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Moss a Raider!!!!!

Postby King_Portis » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:54 pm

I would get all teary eyed but I'm not too disappointed in Randy leaving but I am disappointed in what they got for him. They got a good young MLB in Harris but to only get the 7th overall pick and a late round pick for probably the best wideout in the game. You would think you could have greased Al Davis for more than that.

I'm guessing the Vikes will be going after either Mike Williams or Derrick Johnson with the #7 pick. Either would be nice but Derrick would be the best bet, IMO. You can always get a Burress to replace Randy.
King_Portis
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football
Location: Sit back and enjoy as I make my way into the record books in 2005.

moss a raider

Postby Ebzmoney » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:56 pm

All i can say is this is 1 of the $hittyest deals we could have gotten for moss. Harris is an underachevier who hasnt done anything in his 3 years. So what it comes down to is we traded moss for a 7th overall pick. If harris plays that means either ej is goin to the bench or were movin to a 3-4. All i know now is we better get a wr with some credentals in freeagency. I love nate but i dont think hes a great number 1 wr. Robenson can go up and get the jump ball but i like him as are 3rd. So we are in need of a number 1 wr. Letz find a way to move up and get Antrell Rolle

RIP MOSS :~(
Ebzmoney
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Dirt Bag » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:56 pm

i think we can survive without moss i mean look at how much we did when he was injured but another nice wr would be pretty cool but i think my man burly can handle it
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:43 pm

You know I'm kind of shocked that Minnesota gave up Randy for Napoleon Harris and a couple of draft picks. They obviously needed a linebacker, but I think they could have done better than this.

With that said, I think the deal is indeed beneficial to the Vikes. They get a good LB in Harris, and will probably be drafting Antrel Rolle with the seventh pick, a true shutdown corner. Then they still have the 17th pick or somewhere around there to draft Anntaj Hawthorne. I think that their D will be MUCH improved next year and probably one of the leagues best.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:01 pm

I like the trade the more I look into it. There are a nice crop of WR out there to replace Moss. Harris (an 87 on Madden!) should provide a VERY nice boost at LB. If we are able to draft Antrel Rolle or Derrick Johnson, I think this trade would be a good one in my eyes.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:00 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:I like the trade the more I look into it. There are a nice crop of WR out there to replace Moss. Harris (an 87 on Madden!) should provide a VERY nice boost at LB. If we are able to draft Antrel Rolle or Derrick Johnson, I think this trade would be a good one in my eyes.

I agree that this trade works for the Vikes, but they could have gotten a lot more in my opinion. Woodson or Buchanon would have both been more beneficial than Harris.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:03 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:
Bennett4Prez wrote:I like the trade the more I look into it. There are a nice crop of WR out there to replace Moss. Harris (an 87 on Madden!) should provide a VERY nice boost at LB. If we are able to draft Antrel Rolle or Derrick Johnson, I think this trade would be a good one in my eyes.

I agree that this trade works for the Vikes, but they could have gotten a lot more in my opinion. Woodson or Buchanon would have both been more beneficial than Harris.

I disagree. Harris is younger and, when healthy, is as (if not more) athletic. Add in that the Vikings already have Brian Williams at right corner and NO back MLB, I like this trade just the way it is.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mikehunt » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:53 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:
DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:

I disagree. Harris is younger and, when healthy, is as (if not more) athletic. Add in that the Vikings already have Brian Williams at right corner and NO back MLB, I like this trade just the way it is.

I have to agree with B4P. Harris is younger, Woodson is going to cost huge, Buchanon is no better than williams. So if the vikes play it wirte they bring in Rolle/Jones/rogers. Develope them fill the mlb slot and our D steps up a notch. We will be better than we were last year for sure.

MIke
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Minnesota Vikings