What's up with Garcia? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What's up with Garcia?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What's up with Garcia?

Postby kswiss » Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:49 pm

Garcia hasn't looked his normal self all year. I am a 49er fan and he has not played well the past 3 weeks even if he did have the stomach flu in week 3.

You think he can pull it together for the St Louis game?
if not...
should he be traded?
kswiss

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:04 pm

Garcia to T.O. is hurting a lot of people right now,along with Shaun Alexander.Use your back-up for now if ya don't trust Garcia,he'll come thru in the end.I remember him playing hurt last year & puttin' up decent #'s,although his rushing was down.He is a top 5 fantasy QB,reason enuff to keep him aboard.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JayM09 » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:43 pm

I'd hold on to him for now, but it also depends on what depth you have at Qb. If you have a quality backup then I dont see why not trading him to upgrade elsewhere.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kswiss » Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:47 pm

I have Kordell Stewart as a back up in one league and Kordell and Vick as a backup in another league that I have garcia in. Is Kordell strong enough be my #1 QB?
kswiss

Postby JayM09 » Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:57 pm

I'd keep garcia in the league with him and stewart, cause kordell is not good enough to be a starter. Now in the other league I would go with vick and trade garcia. In one of my leagues I had manning and vick, and i went ahead and traded manning for ricky williams and that has worked for me so far.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kswiss » Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:43 am

I am really loosing my ass in the league I have Garcia, Stewart and Vick in. Cause I have Alexander and Dillon as my backs.

I don't think anyone in my league will trade anyone for Garcia, but one guy has Warner... After his performance tonight, I might be able to trade him Garcia and dillon for Warner and Stephen Davis...

Is that a wise trade? (getting rid of dillon)
kswiss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)

Postby kashikis » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:51 am

id shy away from this trade until i knew more about how davis will do your trading 2 ?s for 2 more so you not really gaining anything that useful at this point wait to see how davis does but ever since people adjusted to the fun and gun davis' production went down
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:17 pm

I would hang on to Garcia. Teams have been dropping back to take away Owens as a deep threat and it has been working. But if SF keeps rushing the ball as well as they have then defenses are going to have to adjust to it which should open things up a little for Garcia and Owens. Also hang on to Alexander and Dillon at least until they have a good outing or you will be getting very little in return on your trades.

Postby a1doug182 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:34 pm

The above post is mine. For some reason it didn't post me as being logged in.
a1doug182
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:43 am

Kordell Stewart is going to be the man this year. Of course, you may not believe that but you shall see.
If you are going to trade Garcia, trade him for a top rated RB, Stewart will be able to put up the numbers for you and he stays healthy.
Plus, getting another high quality RB will only help you. Bench Dillon and play the RB you get for Garcia along with Alexander. Having 3 top RB's is a hell of a lot better than having a Garcia or Warner.
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk