Rhodes: Edge's Backup? Yeah, but he's paid nicely... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rhodes: Edge's Backup? Yeah, but he's paid nicely...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby s0meguy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:32 pm

Not that bad of a deal really. Edge is injury prone so you need a decent backup, and it is important that they know the offence and have NFL experience. Edge needs to be spelled periodically as well. Also, theres a possibility that Edge holds out or for some reason isn't a Colt next year, so that needs to be covered as well.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:14 pm

OwenTheBlonde wrote:Also don't forget, like I did, that Rhodes had 1,100 yards and 9 TDs rushing in 01 when Edge was hurt most of the year. And he's 26 so I'd say he's worth the money.

that's what I'm getting at. If Dom is the man in Indy via an Edge trade, and the Colts draft... say... J.J. Arrington in the 3rd, this is a great move. But for a straight backup? 2.5 a year (plus a mil for signing) is a little steep.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:30 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
OwenTheBlonde wrote:Also don't forget, like I did, that Rhodes had 1,100 yards and 9 TDs rushing in 01 when Edge was hurt most of the year. And he's 26 so I'd say he's worth the money.

that's what I'm getting at. If Dom is the man in Indy via an Edge trade, and the Colts draft... say... J.J. Arrington in the 3rd, this is a great move. But for a straight backup? 2.5 a year (plus a mil for signing) is a little steep.

I agree. Perfect world they can trade Edge now. But at least they'll have the option to do it later.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk