Bengals Show Interest In Derrick Mason - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Bengals Show Interest In Derrick Mason

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby DUKE » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:20 am

awwchrist wrote:Having sure hands like Mason on the other side of Johnson would only accelerate the maturation of Palmer.

Man, that kid's gonna be good. How's the pass blocking gonna be this year? Any o-line FA losses?

Most expect the line to be back in tact as a unit next season, and it should be even better than last year. 3 starting lineman were continously banged up all year, and all expect to be completely healthy to start the year. Our aging Center is a free agent, but most expect him to come back for another year, while grooming a younger center for the future.

If I had to put money on where Mason will end up, I'd say it will be the Jags, but he would be VERY welcome to put on the stripes and line up on the other side of Chad.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:08 pm

It looks like we are out of the running :,-(

-- More on Mason --
Mon Feb 28, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The Cincinnati Bengals official website reports it looks like the Bengals are no longer in the WR Derrick Mason derby. The jack apparently is too high if they want to do more in free agency, and word is he isn’t sure if there are enough catches to go around among him, WR Chad Johnson and WR Peter Warrick. Baltimore is deep in the Mason hunt, as well as Jacksonville and the two New York clubs. The Baltimore Sun adds Ravens officials spoke with Mason's agent yesterday, but no visit has been scheduled.

I understand where we are coming from, but I REALLY dont want the Ravens to get him
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:32 pm

The Ravens signed Mason. This is the worst thing that could have happened :-t

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/template.php?subsection=single_news_show§ion=press&content_id=5934
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:40 pm

Yeah, I was hoping the Ratbirds wouldn't end up with him, but with their cap room, we knew they were going to be bringing in a Wr. Hopefully Boller can continue to suck it up, despite having the quality of Mason to throw to. :-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Previous

Return to Cincinnati Bengals