Moss to Restructure and Woodson to AZ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss to Restructure and Woodson to AZ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Moss to Restructure and Woodson to AZ?

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:28 pm

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandfork ... 975862.htm

The Raiders finished 5-11 last season, and team owner Al Davis promised his offense for the 2005 season would be an exciting one. He made the move for Moss with a modest investment. The Raiders will assume his $7.25 million base salary for next season. But because they need salary cap space, the Raiders will pay him the veteran's minimum of $665,000 and pay him the difference in a signing bonus, which they can spread over the final four years of his original eight-year, $75 million deal.

As a result, Moss' salary cap number will be reduced nearly $5 million, to a manageable $2.4 million. If he plays well next season, the Raiders likely will tear up the remaining three years of his deal and give him a new, lucrative contract. If he does not play well, the Raiders can release or trade him, with relatively minimal salary implications.

Not official but sounds true enough. Raiders cap situation looks better still. Also, just a rumor right now but is gaining momentum: Woodson to Arizona for the #8 (possibly involving Bertrand Berry). Something else to chew on.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:49 pm

I can dig the Raiders getting Berry. Woodson is a great name but has been slacking off last couple of years.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:52 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:I can dig the Raiders getting Berry. Woodson is a great name but has been slacking off last couple of years.

Nice to hear someone else say this about Woodson. I think he's a bit overrated and has been bumming quite a bit in the last couple of years. Woodson for the #8 and Berry would be a steal for the Raiders.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:53 pm

Trying to find something more concrete. I can't imagine the Cards give up Berry, the #8 and take on Woodson's salary, especially since Woodson hasn't adapted well to the chuck rule enforcement. Hmm... Doesn't sound legit right now but we'll see.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk