Rams restructure Faulk's deal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rams restructure Faulk's deal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rams restructure Faulk's deal

Postby Ydub » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:35 am

It's official! Steven Jackson will not be topping the 15 carries/game anytime soon...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1999462
"Napoleon is not only a provider for his family; he’s an attacker on the field." - Napoleon Harris' website bio
Ydub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:36 am

Jackson was already named the Rams starting RB for this year.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:48 am

I've now switched my thoughts to being very curious, rather than doubtful, about Martz's ability to commit to using Jackson. I think he's trying a different philosophy to an extent, defense included, trying to be a "tougher" team overall. So, I think we may see more of Jackson early on than I anticipated at least. If it works, then Jackson will see no less than 20 carries a game. If it doesn't, Martz will ignore the run like usual and use Faulk more when he does run.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Ydub » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:00 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Jackson was already named the Rams starting RB for this year.

I'm aware of that development, but I'll try and clarify the point of the post. If Faulk doesn't restructure, I think one could count on SJax to post 15-22 carries per game (or 18 -27 "touches") without a reliable backup. With Faulk still on the squad, MM still has a guy in Faulk who is more familiar with that offense than any other player in the organization, still has a nose for the endzone (ie: goaline carries), and a guy who Martz really respects (ie: MM ain't just gonna let him rot on the bench).

Bottom line: SJax loses 5-10 "touches"/game with Faulk remaining in the lineup.
"Napoleon is not only a provider for his family; he’s an attacker on the field." - Napoleon Harris' website bio
Ydub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk