muhammad cut - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

muhammad cut

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Horizons » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:14 pm

I watched Colbert play many times here in So. Cal. and with the departure of M&M he should have a very good year in '05 from a FF perspective. He'll be a good #2 WR on anyone's team. ;-D
Don't give up the ship...........sell it!!
Horizons
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere on the "Trail of Tears" between the tube and GameCenter

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:42 pm

Colbert has the talent but I wouldn't put him even top 25 yet. Bottom of the third tier maybe.

If the Vikes want to spend the money on Muhammad, he will definitely be worth it. He's a perfect fit for their offense.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:44 pm

i like mush myself....wouldnt be upset if he went to the ravens ;-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cardiac cats » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:05 pm

being a hardcore panthers fan i'm disappointed with this move. Quite simply, moose is just too damn good to let go, even if he wanted lots of money and is 32. For one, he deserved the money- sheeesh look at those numbers he put up last year with almost no semblence of a running game for more than half the season... also he's one of the best run blocking WR's out there(I'd say right behind hines ward), and has made many, many CLUTCH catches over the years. Whoever gets the moose will be extremely fortunate...

keary colbert, time to step it up ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:39 pm

Well, I think the Panthers organization figures that those would have been Steve Smith's numbers had he not been hurt. They must have also seen something in Colbert. Because of that, they did not want to pay Mushin $10 million in bonus money and give him an insane contract hike when they probably wanted to phase him out of the offense anyway and go with the younger guys. The running backs should also be back at full strength next year which will make that team a much more balanced offense. The only concern I have is that both Smith and Colbert are smaller guys, and most teams have at least one strong and tall WR that can make those "jump" catches. They will miss that next year, for sure.

Muhammad has been a good receiver for dang near his entire career. He was forced to do more in the way of pass catching last year than he ever has before, and he stepped it up. You're right that he did do a lot of good blocking for the team as well.

Whoever gets Muhammad will have a very solid NFL player. The Eagles and Vikings will be looking to add this guy for sure.

Somehow I don't see the Steelers trying for him...they aren't big into paying out huge dollars for free agents (but I could be wrong on that :-o )
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby water boy » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:45 pm

i see the panthers going after Plax now,Plax is the ideal WR for them ;-D
water boy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:30 am

Weren't the Iggles after Moose to secure their 2nd WR slot. Now that Shaun won't be a free agent, I wouldn't be surprised if they signed him.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby chaindog35 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:26 am

not that surprising, but i think the panthers will try to re-sign him or may pursue a FA if steve smith isn't healthy. if smith is healthy, then i think they go with he and colbert
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Azrael » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:02 am

I say beware. He had his career year. Look at his stats before then. He never came close to those numbers before.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Horizons » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:10 am

Azrael wrote:I say beware. He had his career year. Look at his stats before then. He never came close to those numbers before.

I gotta agree, I suffered with M&M enough times that all I can say is...I gotta agree.. !+)
Don't give up the ship...........sell it!!
Horizons
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 12)
Location: Somewhere on the "Trail of Tears" between the tube and GameCenter

Previous

Return to Football Talk