Henry to Oakland? Woodson to be traded? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry to Oakland? Woodson to be traded?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelyeri » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:53 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Nilmerf wrote:I don't know why Buffalo would make this trade. They have good corners, and they definitely need an offensive lineman more.

I agree. Their defense was great last year. No need to bring in a big money corner. They do need to make their O-line as good as possible to protect Losman.

well i wouldnt go that far. one thing i dont think about when im talking about the raiders D is "great"....but i do agree with you guys that more important issues are in their O line.

I think he meant that the Bill's D was great and that the Bills need O line help. Not the raiders.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelyeri » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:56 am

A little follow up this morning from the Buffalo station that reported the Travis Henry to Oakland connection. The latest is that the Bills have shifted their attention from Arizona to Oakland (we heard) and they tied it to the Jonas Jennings free agency. Jennings is a free agent tackle for the Bills who is looking for top $$$ signing bonus and the Bills are letting him explore the open market. (This would seem to point towards Simms regarding the T. Henry trade possibility. Possibly Langston Walker, but seems less likely due to $$$. Walker and Arizona's Shelton are very similar type players and we know the Bills were interested in him. Who knows what if anything else would be involved in that one.)

The Woodson trade possibility would seem to have nothing to do with that possible trade, as the Bills are more settled in the D-backfield. I would have to think that if theres more to the Woodson trade talk, it would involve high pick(s), defensive player (s) or both. This would likely be with another team.
Theres always the possibility that Woodson did catch the Raiders somewhat by surprise by his quick signing and the reaction that was read on the Raiders site is a verbal "backhand".

This is all OPINION other than the news outside the parenthesis in the first paragraph.

This is from another web site. The two trades don't seem to be related after all. The raider might trade an O lineman and a pick for henry. Then turn around and trade Cwood for some picks and maybe another defensive player. Now i'm hearing that detroit was the team that made the offer to woodson and that they might get in trouble for tampering (raiders had exclusive negotiating rights). Who knows at this point though, it's mostly speculation.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:20 am

I dont really know a whole lot about the Bills team other than A. they had really good Defense last year and B. They are starting Losman because Bledsoe is gone and C. They want to get rid of Travis Henry.

While their Defensive back must have been fine last year from a straight value standpoint Woodson has got to be great for Henry. I mean the Vikes got what I consider as very questionable value for Moss, and this or the Shelton deal seems to be alot better.

--Another side note. Henry gets hurt alot kinda, but he doesn't get INJURED. The guy goes out there all the time even to the point where it is probably hurting his team he will play if they want him to
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk