Muhsin to the Bears - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Chicago Bears

Muhsin to the Bears

Moderator: Football Moderators

Muhsin to the Bears

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:00 pm

I know this is already posted above, but I thought this would be a good place to discuss his impact on the Bears. I am happy with the acquisition, although Muhsin is not a stud on the Moss/TO order, he is darn good and seems to be hitting his prime. He is 32 but I think would have a few good years left. I've been listening to talk radio, seems like the host felt this would be good for David Terrell since now he has no pressure to be number one. My feeling is that even when he wasn't number one he still dropped passes, so we should get rid of the guy.

The other question is what to do now in the draft. I can live with a reciever corps of Muhammed, Wade, Gage and Berrian so I would favor trading down and getting an offensive lineman since it looks like none of the OLs appear to warrant a #4 pick.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:21 am

I'm really happy with the acquisition of Muhammad, but I don't think it warrants trading down in the draft. There is plenty of talent to pick up, whether it be a decent RB, an O-lineman (whether they warrant fourth pick money or not), a LB (albeit this is a weak year for LBs) or a DB.

Muhammad is pretty good and will immediately become the Bears' #1 WR, but at 32 his longevity is in question. The Bears could stay at #4 and pick up Braylon Edwards ;-) or some other decent young prospect and build for the future while they have the luxury of playing with a solid starter. The past few seasons they've been trying to build and build without much depth behind them.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:36 am

Absolutely.We do need a top WR to grow into the position after Muhammed retires,but I think we might be able to trade down and still get one of the top talents,and get a little extra.Minnesota wants a WR,so moving down to that slot might not be catastrophic.Unless of course someone else jumps in the bidding for a receiver,but that's always a risk isn't it?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:09 pm

I definately want a WR, preferably Edwards. I think they would then take Barber or Fason with their second round pick. I have said and will stick to my word if they could trade down pick up another first (Heath Miller) or second (David Baas) round pick and grab Troy Williamson I would be fine with that.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Chicago Bears