Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Warrick: "Never Felt Better"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Warrick: "Never Felt Better"

Postby DUKE » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:25 am

Agent: Warrick 'never felt better'
2/24/2005 - 4:25 p.m.
BY GEOFF HOBSON

Warrick: Ready for workouts (Bengals photo)
INDIANAPOLIS - Bengals wide receiver Peter Warrick is expected to be 100 percent when offseason workouts begin in about a month and middle linebacker Nate Webster should be ready for training camp even if he can’t be ready by the spring.

That’s the way agent Drew Rosenhaus sized up his clients’ status here Thursday at the NFL scouting combine. The Miami-based Rosenhaus, one of the NFL’s leading agents, has added a Bengals passing package to his portfolio this offseason. Along with Warrick, he has picked up wide receivers Chad Johnson and Kelley Washington in what could have an impact down the road.

Warrick, who turns 28 in June, has been under a cloud of doubt ever since he went on injured reserve last year after playing in just four games with a sore knee and a broken fibula. Although Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis has indicated he hasn’t always been enamored with Warrick’s rehab, he has insisted that Warrick’s injuries shouldn’t lead to a permanent deterioration of his skills.

Rosenhaus has no reason to think so, either, and says his client has been cleared by Dr. James Andrews.

“He says he never felt better,” Rosenhaus said. “I was just with him and I think he’s doing great. He’s working very hard at his rehabbing, he’s 100 percent, and he’s put all of the injuries from last year behind him. He doesn’t need surgery. He’s all done. He’s technically and structurally sound.”

Warrick is due $2.2 million in 2005, the last year of his contract, and Rosenhaus said he has talked to Lewis and director of business development Troy Blackburn about the future.

This is his agent talking, but it's still encouraging to hear.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:44 pm

That's good to know... with Warrick, CJ and maybe Mason, this could really be an explosive offense in '05.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby pdub » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:51 pm

this is encouraging news. i'm stoked.
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:06 pm

His injury was one of the weirdest things ive ever seen. Considering it was rumored that this injury could be career ending a couple months ago, this is fantastic news.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dave416 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:11 pm

Flux wrote:His injury was one of the weirdest things ive ever seen. Considering it was rumored that this injury could be career ending a couple months ago, this is fantastic news.

Nice. ;-D Very good to hear.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby chaindog35 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:04 pm

good to hear, be glad to have him back
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby black_hawk8888 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:08 pm

Woohoooo!
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby DUKE » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:04 am

I've also heard that he could be released 8-o Bengals free agency this year is very interesting this year. I've been hearing rumors of Mason (won't happen), Kevin Johnson, TJ, and David Terell.
There were rumors floating around Indianapolis at the combine that wide receiver Peter Warrick would be a salary-cap casualty, but Lewis refused to speculate on any possible releases. Linebacker Kevin Hardy's name has also frequently come up in the rumor mill when it comes to possible cap cuts, but agents for Warrick and Hardy said Monday that they've heard nothing about any such moves.

"That's news to me," said Jason Rosenhaus, who along with brother Drew represents Warrick. "We haven't heard anything like that."

The wide receiver, who set career highs in receptions, yardage and touchdowns in 2003 but was sidelined the majority of last season with knee and leg injuries, is entering the final season of his contract. He is due to count $3.5 million against Cincinnati's cap this season, but with the uncertainty of Houshmandzadeh's situation it is unlikely the Bengals would just dump a player to create cap room without having a proven replacement for him.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Flux » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:57 am

DUKE wrote:I've also heard that he could be released 8-o Bengals free agency this year is very interesting this year. I've been hearing rumors of Mason (won't happen), Kevin Johnson, TJ, and David Terell.
There were rumors floating around Indianapolis at the combine that wide receiver Peter Warrick would be a salary-cap casualty, but Lewis refused to speculate on any possible releases. Linebacker Kevin Hardy's name has also frequently come up in the rumor mill when it comes to possible cap cuts, but agents for Warrick and Hardy said Monday that they've heard nothing about any such moves.

"That's news to me," said Jason Rosenhaus, who along with brother Drew represents Warrick. "We haven't heard anything like that."

The wide receiver, who set career highs in receptions, yardage and touchdowns in 2003 but was sidelined the majority of last season with knee and leg injuries, is entering the final season of his contract. He is due to count $3.5 million against Cincinnati's cap this season, but with the uncertainty of Houshmandzadeh's situation it is unlikely the Bengals would just dump a player to create cap room without having a proven replacement for him.

I just read the same thing about Warrick possibly being released and was about to post it. I really dont know what to make of all of this. Marvin has seemed to be there for Warrick every step of the way and I would be surprised if he really was released.

If we do release Warrick, we had better re-sign TJ or find a couple good replacements in FA. And I dont consider Terrell or KJ good replacements...
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pdub » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:35 am

please do not bring david terrell here.

we're so close to having the best bengals team in 15 years.
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Cincinnati Bengals