Brosnan's Bond Replacement Narrowed To Two - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Brosnan's Bond Replacement Narrowed To Two

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brosnan's Bond Replacement Narrowed To Two

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:25 pm

IMDB.com reports...

Nip/Tuck actor Julian McMahon is competing against one other unnamed actor to become the next James Bond. The Australian-born star of the TV cosmetic surgery drama will find out in the next few months if he has been chosen to follow in Pierce Brosnan's footsteps as the next 007 in the hugely successful spy-series. The other contender is believed to be British actor Clive Owen - who was nominated for the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his role as Julia Roberts' husband in Closer. The 36-year-old says, "I'm a big James Bond fan. I met the producers for a final audition. They told me to expect a decision in a couple of months and they said it was between me and one other person. It's going to a very nervous wait."
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MCG321 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:31 pm

Never seen Nip/Tuck...any opinions on if he'd be good?
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:37 pm

Just on a Google search on their appearance.. I think McMahon looks more like a Bond than Owen.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:36 am

Nilmerf wrote:Just on a Google search on their appearance.. I think McMahon looks more like a Bond than Owen.

If you've ever watched "Charmed" (Alyssa Milano!!! :L), then you know McMahon as Cole, Milano's love interest (also known as "The Source" :-o ). He'd fit the mold of Bond pretty well as far as the look is concerned, but I don't know about the personality. I'm sure he could pull it off though.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:50 am

can McMahon make the shift from an Austrailian accent to a British one?

But yes, he does look the part. Thanks for the update... I am a huge Bond fan... ;-D
Last edited by no1cowboysfan on Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby chaindog35 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:26 pm

i like owen more than mcmahon, but i think both would do a good job. Owen just seems like the spy type to me.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:30 pm

Thank the Lord it's not Colin Farrel or Jude Law. I agree with Chris Rock about those 2.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby defianthart » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:33 pm

found a picture of owen in a tux and i dont think he really looks like what i picture James Bond looking like:

he looks more like a villain, but maybe thats just the cigarette and cold stare. that and he looks like too much of a badass, like hes the kinda guy who goes around starting fights.

all of the other Bonds(from what ive seen) have been sorta laidback and cocky, like theres no reason to start anything with you because i know that if you wanna throwdown ill kick your ass anyway.
julian mcmahon on the other hand looks more like what im talking about:
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LBJackal » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:19 pm

defianthart wrote:julian mcmahon on the other hand looks more like what im talking about:

Looks more like a Russian bad guy to me. A White Russian, some might say. He's probably a freakin nihilist too.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chaindog35 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:43 pm

yeah, mcmahon reminds me more of a bond bad guy too.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to General Talk