Brosnan's Bond Replacement Narrowed To Two - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Brosnan's Bond Replacement Narrowed To Two

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Superman in Training » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:39 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
maddog60 wrote:After seeing those two pictures posted, I would certainly hope they go with Clive Owen instead the other guy. He looks the part, and he's a pretty decent actor.

Connery should get a cameo in the next Bond, that alone would be worth the price of admission.

Better yet,Connery could be the bad guy.He hasn't been a bad guy very much in his career(if ever)and this would be like a curtain call.

Now that would be awesome!!!

I don't see it happening, but that would be sweet! He played a semi-villan in "the Rock" .. I think he would be the ultimate bad guy for a Bond movie! Especially at the end if he took out Bond and then the screen goes black.... "The End .. forever"
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:45 pm

I like the call on the evil Connery...that would rule, and it would get tons and tons of people to come watch the movie! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:15 pm

MCG321 wrote:Never seen Nip/Tuck...any opinions on if he'd be good?

McMahon is the better for bond of the two. In nip/tuck mcmahon is the guy who does all the h ot (filter) chicks in his office when he's supposed to be working. he gets all the gi rils (filter), just like bond.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Superman in Training » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:42 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
MCG321 wrote:Never seen Nip/Tuck...any opinions on if he'd be good?

McMahon is the better for bond of the two. In nip/tuck mcmahon is the guy who does all the h ot (filter) chicks in his office when he's supposed to be working. he gets all the gi rils (filter), just like bond.

Go watch "the Croupier" sp? and then you will think Clive Owen is a better chioce too ;-D ;-D
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby Canacuna » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:30 am

ANOTHER UPDATE!

Pierce Brosnan is gone... again... from the James Bond movies.

USA TODAY wrote:A single, surprising phone call and it was over. That's how Pierce Brosnan says he learned that his services as James Bond would no longer be required.

"One phone call, that's all it took!" the 52-year-old actor tells Entertainment Weekly magazine in its Aug. 19 issue.

Brosnan starred in four Bond films. He says that before they stopped negotiations, the producers had invited him back for a fifth time.

"You know, the movie career for me really started with Bond," says Brosnan, acknowledging that by the time GoldenEye premiered in 1995, he was already 42.

He then starred as 007 in Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), The World Is Not Enough (1999) and Die Another Day (2002).

His departure from the role was a "titanic jolt to the system," says Brosnan, followed by "a great sense of calm."

"I thought. ... I can do anything I want to do now. I'm not beholden to them or anyone. I'm not shackled by some contracted image. So there was a sense of liberation."

Brosnan says he's grateful to have had the role, but adds: "It never felt real to me. I never felt I had complete ownership over Bond. Because you'd have these stupid one-liners — which I loathed — and I always felt phony doing them."

He plays a foulmouthed, skirt-chasing hit man in the upcoming film The Matador.

"(For this) to come on the heels of my departure from the world of Bond is sweet grace, to play this one as a farewell to that chapter in time — it certainly wasn't planned."
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:34 am

Canacuna wrote:ANOTHER UPDATE!

Pierce Brosnan is gone... again... from the James Bond movies.

USA TODAY wrote:A single, surprising phone call and it was over. That's how Pierce Brosnan says he learned that his services as James Bond would no longer be required.

"One phone call, that's all it took!" the 52-year-old actor tells Entertainment Weekly magazine in its Aug. 19 issue.

Brosnan starred in four Bond films. He says that before they stopped negotiations, the producers had invited him back for a fifth time.

"You know, the movie career for me really started with Bond," says Brosnan, acknowledging that by the time GoldenEye premiered in 1995, he was already 42.

He then starred as 007 in Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), The World Is Not Enough (1999) and Die Another Day (2002).

His departure from the role was a "titanic jolt to the system," says Brosnan, followed by "a great sense of calm."

"I thought. ... I can do anything I want to do now. I'm not beholden to them or anyone. I'm not shackled by some contracted image. So there was a sense of liberation."

Brosnan says he's grateful to have had the role, but adds: "It never felt real to me. I never felt I had complete ownership over Bond. Because you'd have these stupid one-liners — which I loathed — and I always felt phony doing them."

He plays a foulmouthed, skirt-chasing hit man in the upcoming film The Matador.

"(For this) to come on the heels of my departure from the world of Bond is sweet grace, to play this one as a farewell to that chapter in time — it certainly wasn't planned."

Why oh why would you not want him to play Bond????? Roger Moore did Bond until he was like 75. so age wasn't a factor.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:35 am

The last few Bond flicks were SOOOO bad I don't really care who the new Bond is - I'll wait for the video (at best) whatever the choice...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:54 am

Superman in Training wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:Oh thank God!At least now they can take their time and find a worthy replacement,unlike the bums they were considering.You mean to tell me in all of England they can't find someone who looks and acts like Bond,just waiting for their big shot?Relative unknowns do well in these situations.Hugh Jackman wasn't much of anyone until Wolverine,let's go find a true-to-life Brit to take this on!

I thought Clive Owen would be a good fit

Or there is that dude that played in "The Transporter"

Jason Stathman

Jason Statham (or however you spell it) is awesome.

But he has no hair. Bond usually has good hair.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:24 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Superman in Training wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:Oh thank God!At least now they can take their time and find a worthy replacement,unlike the bums they were considering.You mean to tell me in all of England they can't find someone who looks and acts like Bond,just waiting for their big shot?Relative unknowns do well in these situations.Hugh Jackman wasn't much of anyone until Wolverine,let's go find a true-to-life Brit to take this on!

I thought Clive Owen would be a good fit

Or there is that dude that played in "The Transporter"

Jason Stathman

Jason Statham (or however you spell it) is awesome.

But he has no hair. Bond usually has good hair.

The new-age bond could be bald, or they could give him a realistic rug.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:06 am

Why don't we go all the way and get The Rock? Maybe Jet Li? Hollywood seems to want to completely redo things, like making Kojack a black guy, and in the Battlestar Galactica series Starbuck and Boomer are now women, so maybe we can use Gina Gershon so there is at least boobs to ogle when the new film sucks. Not to mention the potential of girl-on-girl with the new bond girl....Pamela Anderson maybe? ;-D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk