TJ Housyourdaddy re-signs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TJ Housyourdaddy re-signs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby warrick95 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:32 pm

Flux wrote:
warrick95 wrote:Please cut P-Dub so I can find a new favorite team.

err........... ok ;-7

Heh...yeah. I'm a Warrick fan first and a Bengal fan second. I became a Bengal fan due to Warrick anyway. I'll still follow the Bengals somewhat, but I'm switching teams with him.

Cincy's going to be up and coming, though. Offense is incredible (great line, Palmer's going to start blossoming, solid WRs) and the defense has some good, young players to build around.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:38 pm

Flux wrote:
LT Blue Colt wrote:That's good for Cinncinati. It's not the best WR core in the NFL, but it's quite solid despite the troublesome QB situation.

Excuse me? I was unaware that we had a troublesome QB situation. In fact, I was under the impression that we have one of the up-and-coming stars with a huge arm and a very solid cast around him

i second that, and you guys have a stellar backup up.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:50 pm

Did you all read what he's getting, 4yrs./$16 million I believe. The Ravens gave Mason 4yrs and $20 mill. That seems pretty high.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dave416 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:55 pm

Flux wrote:
warrick95 wrote:Please cut P-Dub so I can find a new favorite team.

err........... ok ;-7

I had the same reaction.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby Turnip » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:58 am

It's ok guys, can't complain about bandwagon fans too much at this point, no matter how weird the reason. Anyway PFT is saying P-dub and K-dub want out and think they can start for someone else.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby warrick95 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:55 am

I'm not a bandwagon fan actually. I've always been an FSU Seminoles fan. Peter Warrick is my favorite football player. I never really followed the NFL extensively until the late 90s...and even then, I never really picked out a team. I became a Bengals fan after Warrick was drafted onto the team. I don't think it's weird for people to pick teams based on their favorite players.
If the Bengals can be considered a worthy bandwagon to jump on, then I'm guilty, but they were probably the worst team in the NFL at that point. A bandwagon's usually somewhat of a popularized trend that many followed. I doubt the Bengals received a heavy boost in fan base due to the drafting of Peter Warrick.

So anyway, Bengals.com reports that Warrick has talked to both Housh and Hue Jackson and that he's happy for Housh. They're not saying much about it at this point except that there are plenty of balls to go around, etc. etc. and plenty of room for both. Warrick did say previously that he will not settle for being a #3 WR, though. I think he's going to be trade bait, personally, as the Bengals choose to address some defensive holes with the money.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Previous

Return to Football Talk