Trotter to the Chiefs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trotter to the Chiefs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:50 am

RayVins wrote:
Eaglesfan wrote:I hoep The birds sign Hartwell if this turns out to be true!

you guys would be lucky to have him... your D would be #1 next year if they played the same and added hartwell.

I agree we would be lucky to have him. He's a great player just entering the prime of his career. With Trotter not resigned, him being a free agent is about the only thing keeping me from believing the Philly front office lost their minds.

If KC does land Trotter, it won't be the end all answer, but he'd be a huge addition. With him and Fujita in the lineup they could focus on other defensive needs like, oh all 9 other guys on the field.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:20 am

UNDEFEATED wrote:if my memory serves me right the Eagles Run D was not that strong.

Let me go check.

7th worst in rushing yards allowed. not good.

16th in avg yards per game. 119.

Tied with 3 teams at 17 for RuTDs. 13.

Ok i am going to take back what i said on a different post regarding top 5 defenses.

Philly might fall out of my top 5. See what a little research teaches you. i was going to move them up. Now i do not know. alhahahaalsdkhaldk :-P

To be fair,you have to give stats in games that Trotter played and didn't playto get a true barometer of the player.I really don't know the improvement as I'm not an Eagles fan,but it would be interesting to know.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby mikehunt » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:07 pm

this nfrom rotoworld

Jermiah Trotter visited with the Chiefs Wednesday.
Perhaps he's just driving up the price, but Trotter may leave Philly ... again. The Chiefs were concerned he wouldn't pass a physical and were not expected to make an offer until Thursday. Edgerton Hartwell and Samari Rolle were also in Kansas City. Mar. 3 - 11:01 am et

Hope it helps but he is just visiting.
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MadScott » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:28 pm

Watching Sportscenter this morning, Mortenson said that Trotter, Law and Rolle all were visiting or had visits upcoming in the very near future. Trotter sounded like a done deal but they expect them to also land one, if not both of the other ones.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:15 pm

Aww I am praying we land at least 2 of these guys hopefully Rolle and Trotter. Not that I dont want Ty but id rather have Rolle and you cant afford both.

Our linebacker core has been stripped with injury and underachievers. Barber was decent but is growing old and Maslowski I dont think would be a starter anywhere else even though he was injured most of this year. Fuji is the only one worth a damn for our LB. Trotter would be huge for our linebacking core.

For corner we desperatly need big talent to many times this year Dexter Mcleon or Warfield got burned for a huge pass play. Our safites arent horrid I think we can stay fine with what we have there but we need 2 new starting corners hopefully Law and one from the draft.

Aww well see :-?
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MadScott » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:25 pm

ljthockey wrote:Maslowski I dont think would be a starter anywhere else even though he was injured most of this year.
I disagree a little here. When Maslowski was healthy is when this defense has been at it's best the last 2 years. He gave them versatility and at least the threat of being able to contain the run. From what it sounds like, I think you guys are a lock for at least 2 of these guys.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tpetty6320 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:42 pm

i think trotter is 'visiting' several places. here in atlanta the local sports radio reported that trotter was here visiting the city and possibly our facilities........???
tpetty6320
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ljthockey » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:29 pm

MadScott wrote:
ljthockey wrote:Maslowski I dont think would be a starter anywhere else even though he was injured most of this year.
I disagree a little here. When Maslowski was healthy is when this defense has been at it's best the last 2 years. He gave them versatility and at least the threat of being able to contain the run. From what it sounds like, I think you guys are a lock for at least 2 of these guys.

Agreed he was a run stopper but in my eyes he was one dimenisonal hes definatly not a pass cover linebacker ( I understand he does play middle) But still he doesent have the speed for both. And yeah I hope we get at least 2.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk