Boldin,Bennett Rumor. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Boldin,Bennett Rumor.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby cruiz03 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:47 pm

I would love to see this deal go down. I don't think it will, but if it did, man that would be good. Bolwin was injured last year still had 50+ receptions.
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:47 pm

Fitz = Moss (sort of)
Boldin = Carter

I would be very surprised if Green traded away either of his duo with the crop of RBs available in this year's draft. Unless, of course, if he had his eye on one of the rookie WRs.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Justin_Case » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:03 pm

Gunslinger wrote:Fitz = Moss (sort of)
Boldin = Carter

I would be very surprised if Green traded away either of his duo with the crop of RBs available in this year's draft. Unless, of course, if he had his eye on one of the rookie WRs.

I agree with you all the way!

Obviously they are unlikely to have the careers of those 2 guys but even 70% of that output is too good to risk giving up.

There are a lot more RBs around in the draft (beyond the first round too) and WR are hard to find.
Justin_Case
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby TTTBone » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:07 pm

Boldin's injury of last year is hurting his stock a bit (fantasywise), but Denny would be an idiot to give him up for Bennett. Won't happen IMO.
Boldin had arguably the 2nd best rookie WR season ever (after Moss), before injuries sidelined him last season.

Rookie years:
Moss - 69 receptions, 1313 yards, 17 TDs
Boldin - 101 receptions, 1377 yards, 8 TDs

This, with a Randall Cunningham Pro-Bowl season vs. Jeff (freakin') Blake throwing to Boldin.
I'm not saying Boldin is the second coming of Jerry Rice, but those numbers can't be ignored. And, don't give me those garbage-time arguments, if everyone knew the ball was going to Boldin, why couldn't they stop him.
Boldin is one of the most intriguing players to me this upcoming year. Coupled with Fitz the guy could produce big again. Of course there is the whole unstable QB situation in 'Zona; which is perhaps the biggest hurdle for Boldin to jump over. Still I think he's a guy who is being a bit forgotten and maybe underrated after an injury year.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Daddymike59 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:32 am

Gunslinger wrote:Fitz = Moss (sort of)
Boldin = Carter

With no-one to throw the ball to them. I hope Boldin goes. Great trade bait or my keeper team. Bennett sucks though and even Green knows how injury prone he is.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:00 am

[quote="TTTBone"]Boldin's injury of last year is hurting his stock a bit (fantasywise), but Denny would be an idiot to give him up for Bennett. Won't happen IMO.
Boldin had arguably the 2nd best rookie WR season ever (after Moss), before injuries sidelined him last season.

Rookie years:
Moss - 69 receptions, 1313 yards, 17 TDs
Boldin - 101 receptions, 1377 yards, 8 TDs

This, with a Randall Cunningham Pro-Bowl season vs. Jeff (freakin') Blake throwing to Boldin.
I'm not saying Boldin is the second coming of Jerry Rice, but those numbers can't be ignored. And, don't give me those garbage-time arguments, if everyone knew the ball was going to Boldin, why couldn't they stop him.
Boldin is one of the most intriguing players to me this upcoming year. Coupled with Fitz the guy could produce big again. Of course there is the whole unstable QB situation in 'Zona; which is perhaps the biggest hurdle for Boldin to jump over. Still I think he's a guy who is being a bit forgotten and maybe underrated after an injury year.[/quote]

SHHHHHH!!!!!!! ;-D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:01 am

Jeff Blake is known for throwing to one WR all the time, so maybe that inflated Boldins stats. It's not that I am against Boldin or think he's not that good, it's just that I am against him and think he's not that good. I would much rather have Plax
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:32 am

Trainer of Dolphins wrote:Jeff Blake is known for throwing to one WR all the time, so maybe that inflated Boldins stats. It's not that I am against Boldin or think he's not that good, it's just that I am against him and think he's not that good. I would much rather have Plax

bingo... blake is a one wr qb... that's why boldin wasn't stellar when he was healthy last year... when the ball is thrown at you 5 times a game instead of 15 times a game it's tough to equal the output... boldin was overrated but is still a good wr
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Previous

Return to Football Talk