Stats of Norv Turner's RBs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stats of Norv Turner's RBs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:22 pm

tpetty6320 wrote:after getting screwed with garner last year and then his replacements, i think i will look at other teams first..... but then maybe oakland wont be playing from behind every game this year????

Yeah ill say you really got screwed :-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:34 pm

Doesnt hurt that he had some great RBs.

Ol Norv does love to pound the ball though, and Jordan has alot of talent. Hes a big runner who should fit well in Norvs offense. I think he would put up pretty good numbers in Oakland.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:40 pm

terpfan wrote:Doesnt hurt that he had some great RBs.

Ol Norv does love to pound the ball though, and Jordan has alot of talent. Hes a big runner who should fit well in Norvs offense. I think he would put up pretty good numbers in Oakland.

This is what I'm thinking. I'll take a flyer on him in the middle rounds if he's out there, Jordan has something to prove so he may be a steal.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:05 pm

I'll bump this since we seem to be discussing Jordan alot elsewhere.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:47 pm

I would say Jordan will definitely be a decent back next year. I wouldn't have a problem with him being a 2nd or 3rd fantasy back. I kept Duece McCallister and S. Jackson and I think Jordan would be a great 3rd back
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:01 pm

Good post Az...nice stats. He really is primed for a top 10 or 15 year. Wouldn't surprise me with all of that offense around him plus the way Norv Turner grooms his running backs. Looks like we'll just have to see...maybe in a year or two we'll be digging up this post and adding:

2005: LaMont Jordan (Oakland) - 1250 yards, 12 touchdowns
2006: LaMont Jordan (Oakland) - 1480 yards, 15 touchdowns

It's possible... ;-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:49 pm

thats some interesting stuff AZ, great stats...im hoping for at least 1000 and 10 tds from jordan this year ;-D ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:53 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:Good post Az...nice stats. He really is primed for a top 10 or 15 year. Wouldn't surprise me with all of that offense around him plus the way Norv Turner grooms his running backs. Looks like we'll just have to see...maybe in a year or two we'll be digging up this post and adding:

2005: LaMont Jordan (Oakland) - 1250 yards, 12 touchdowns
2006: LaMont Jordan (Oakland) - 1480 yards, 15 touchdowns

It's possible... ;-D

Meanwhile, Randy Moss will score 30 TDs, closely followed by Jerry Porter with 25, resulting in the most prolific fantasy trio EVER.

Oh, sorry Oakland fans, you can wake up now. ;-D

In all seriousness, it's not out of the question for Jordan to produce that well. There's just no way I'm taking him over someone already proven as a solid starter.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:03 pm

MCG321 wrote:There's just no way I'm taking him over someone already proven as a solid starter.

One of my biggest pet peeves in fantasy football. There's no value in drafting "proven" guys. To me, proven=safe pick. Safe picks are how you lose at fantasy football. (e.g., "some proven guys last year", Taylor, Henry, Faulk, that worked well). I don't know exactly who "proven" refers to in this case. I guess we are talking people who are not studs that have done well in the past. Martin, Dillon, R. Johnson, and Portis come to mind. I'll gladly pass on these guys and take a stud WR, QB, or maybe even TE and pick up Jordan a couple rounds later.

You have a much better chance to win if you draft as many studs as you can early and identify mid-round value that has a pretty good chance of producing the same as the guys taken earlier.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby CC » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:31 pm

This guy is the Thomas Jones of this year (pre-injury) and will be a very shrewd pick. In the Extremely Early Mock (done a few months ago) I got him in the 10th, the latest you will get him now is the late 4th, and thats the absolute latest.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk