Hasselbeck and krob - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hasselbeck and krob

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hasselbeck and krob

Postby T-BONE » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:45 pm

I drafted Hasselbeck and k robinson. Despite the bye week, having a qb and a wr in the same team is a problem?? Should I trade one of them? Which one?
T-BONE
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:50 pm

i think its fine, but if u want to trade them go for krob since hell have more value. every time krob gets a td though ull get double pts. just remember that before u trade him. im having the same predicament of possibly ending up with james and harrison but i just figure if theyre the 2 best on the board theres no reason to trade them.
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SinCity » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:55 pm

If you have a ave WR and QB to fill in for that week, don't worry about it. Keep em.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby T-BONE » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:57 pm

OK. The problem is that my second wr is toomer. Toomer and krob have the same bye week. I didnt pay attention !!!!

So I will have to trade one of them.
T-BONE
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Lushcrush » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:05 pm

Don't trade Toomer! He is a receiving machine. Instead, trade a bench player for or pick up an available player with an appropriate bye week. Good luck.
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:34 pm

Kinda sounds like the situation I'm in...my top 3 WR's are Amani Toomer, Koren Robinson, and Darrell Jackson. I'm in trouble for week 4...hopefully Vick will still be out then though, cuz he's the franchise player for the team I face week four...
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kcman11 » Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:46 pm

Judging by your avatar, jackal, you shouldn't want Vick to be out in Week 4. I guess that's where they say that fantasy is more important than reality (that's why I try and avoid being a homer when draft day hits -- I used to ALWAYS draft Emmitt Smith and two years ago it hurt me). Oh, and to answer your question T-BONE, you shouldn't feel the need to trade either Hasselbeck or Robinson, that is of course, unless you get a trade offer that's too good to refuse.
Winning truely IS everything.
kcman11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:24 am

I'd try to trade Toomer. I'm not at all against having the WR/QB combo going. In fact, I kind of prefer it in a good situation. Seattle's offense was pretty impressive the 2nd half of last year. If that returns, you get a high scoring hook-up for a decent value.

I'm not completely sold that the Seattle offense is going to be as impressive as last year, but I own both players in a league or two. They have a big upside. It's a bit of a gamble, but one I was willing to make when the time was right to draft them.

Don't feel forced to trade one away cheap. If you have a back-up TE and K, keep the WR's and drop the reserves. Filling 2 WR spots for a week isn't an automatic loss. WR is almost always a week to week gamble. If you can get past the bye week without dropping a player of value don't feel forced to make a move.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Xtreme » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:35 am

Keep them both. They're too good to dump. Try to battle through that week.
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Bye week

Postby Steel Curtain » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:47 am

Keep them both. I like being in that situation. I'd rather have 3 stud players out in the same week and just know that I more than likely won't win that week, then be weakened by having one stud player out for 3 different weeks. I was successful with it last year when both my starting rb's had the same bye week and I still got lucky and won after I got better than usual production from my backup rb's and the team I played scored a season low total.
Steel Curtain

Friendliness: %

Next

Return to Football Talk