Panthers sign Ken Lucas and Mike Wahle - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Panthers sign Ken Lucas and Mike Wahle

Moderator: Football Moderators

Panthers sign Ken Lucas and Mike Wahle

Postby Ydub » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:07 pm

Great signings for Carolina. They addressed two huge needs on the 2nd day of free agency. Very aggressive...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3436332
"Napoleon is not only a provider for his family; he’s an attacker on the field." - Napoleon Harris' website bio
Ydub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:12 pm

wow... great job by the Panthers. How does their cap look now?

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:37 pm

Good stuff by the Panthers, they are working hard to improve a team that would have been a contendor anyway
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:43 pm

Shizzle, sad to see Ken Lucas go. But I'm glad Carolina picked him up instead of Seattle, seeing as how his contract is now for a ridiculous $8 million/year.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bagobonez » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:48 pm

I'm surprised Carolina wanted Lucas so bad. I thought they'd be content with Gamble and Manning Jr. as the starters.

See, now that Lucas is going to make $8 mil a season, Anthony Henry's $4 mil a season looks a little more meager, eh?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cardiac cats » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:12 pm

damn that was a good call by me earlier today :-) ..... I'm really excited to see my panthers play next year, man 2 awesome signings. by the way, hasn't ken lucas played safety before? I figure he could be in the Free Safety mix since we already have two good young corners, just a thought.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:29 pm

Are there any other glaring needs for the Panthers or will they be able to into the draft with a best player available mentality. I could see them selecting Cadillac Williams if he falls to back up Deshaun Foster.
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:39 pm

Lucas was extremely attractive on the open market because of his size and athleticism. The Seahawks didn't re-sign him because they viewed Bobby Taylor as their No. 1 corner, although others around the league love the potential that Lucas shows.

If the Seahawks have ever considered Bobby Taylor their number one corner at any point last season I'll eat my hat. He had an absolutely atrocious season.

As for Wahle leaving the Packers, going to have to watch what they do with their Oline now. Rivera is almost good as gone. And if he indeed does go, Favre might have a tough time coming back. Never mind the fact that Ahman is going to have another reason to slip in the rankings.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:34 pm

awwchrist wrote:
Lucas was extremely attractive on the open market because of his size and athleticism. The Seahawks didn't re-sign him because they viewed Bobby Taylor as their No. 1 corner, although others around the league love the potential that Lucas shows.

If the Seahawks have ever considered Bobby Taylor their number one corner at any point last season I'll eat my hat. He had an absolutely atrocious season.

As for Wahle leaving the Packers, going to have to watch what they do with their Oline now. Rivera is almost good as gone. And if he indeed does go, Favre might have a tough time coming back. Never mind the fact that Ahman is going to have another reason to slip in the rankings.

Yeah, wasn't Trufant the #1?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:10 pm

I think the Panthers gave him a little to big of a signing bonus, the guy is very good, but not that good. 13.5 million?
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk