Panthers sign Ken Lucas and Mike Wahle - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Panthers sign Ken Lucas and Mike Wahle

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:12 pm

Carolina needed O-line help bad after they got raided last year. ;-D
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:28 pm

Nice help for the Cats in two areas that they needed based on last year's team. ;-D
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Evolution » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:37 pm

If you guys want to pay 8 Mil/season for Lucas, go ahead. He's a below-average #1/great #2 corner at the best of times. Player-wise, it's a good signing for them though.

Wahle is a great signing for them. Now you suddenly put Gross alongside him and it mirrors the Jones/Hutchinson combo we have here in Seattle.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:12 pm

bagobonez wrote:I'm surprised Carolina wanted Lucas so bad. I thought they'd be content with Gamble and Manning Jr. as the starters.

See, now that Lucas is going to make $8 mil a season, Anthony Henry's $4 mil a season looks a little more meager, eh?

I like Lucas a lot better than Anthony Henry, they both got overpaid though. Nice signing on Wahle though, he is insane good. The Panthers have to be right alongside the Eagles for NFC Championship contenders next year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:12 pm

Why are people paying so much for secondary help? That is just silly, $13.5 mil? Great signing on the O-line though.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk