Hilliard released - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hilliard released

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hilliard released

Postby Flux » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:47 pm

rotoworld wrote:Giants released WR Ike Hilliard.

A move that came at least a year too late. Hilliard is a prototype veteran that could help a team as a No. 4 type receiver for depth. But he's no longer a starter. Mar. 3 - 4:49 pm

not that surprising, but the Giants are going to need to get some talent in their or Eli is going to have a very rough years ahead of him.

There are a lot of mediocore WRs still out there in FA, and this just adds to it
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:04 pm

same as Pathon, he could be a crappy #2 or good #3 somewhere. But man... the Giants are really hurting for some WRs now. Anyone think they'll try to get a first rounder back to nab one of the better WRs (not like Edwards or Williams... more like Williamson, Clayton or White.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:50 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:But man... the Giants are really hurting for some WRs now.

The Giants don't have a true #1 WR but this doesn't change anything. As a fan I hate to see Hilliard go, he had an iron set. But they'll be able to fill his production with Carter and Taylor. Hopefully Carter will stay healthy next year.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:54 pm

i havent heard much buzz but to me it seems logical for the giants to pick up plax. any giants fans heard anything about this?
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Amazinz » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:55 pm

This is the rumor. EA has spoken with Plax's agent but there hasn't been any other news.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:12 pm

Hmmm, perhaps a fresh young WR cometh the Giants way. Certainly would make sense to groom a nice young WR/QB combo.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:42 pm

they definately need to snag someone young at WR. toomer didnt really seem to click with manning too well.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:30 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:they definately need to snag someone young at WR. toomer didnt really seem to click with manning too well.

Absolutely did not click with Manning. It cuz he is not white. :-D Whatever happen to that thread about the correlation between ethnicity and production of QBs and WRs. Funny stuff.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:51 am

Another 1st round bust WR from 1997. Join Yatil Green, Reidel Anthony and Rae Carruth. All four wideouts drafted in round one have been NFL busts. Scary thing, Hilliard is the best of the bunch.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk