Clairborne signs with Rams!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Clairborne signs with Rams!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:47 am

Rams | Claiborne to Play MLB - from http://www.KFFL.com
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 20:02:08 -0800

St. Louis Rams LB Chris Claiborne is expected to play middle linebacker next season, reports Nick Wagoner of StLouisRams.com.

thoughts? Can Claibourne make this work? ... or is this another Martz mistake?

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:16 am

Matrz Mistake? I dont think I have ever witnessed one. I mean the guy is obviously the smartest man in football right?

These signings will do much for the RAms if even so they can just have the LB situation settled and concentrate on drafting for DB and DL
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:51 am

moochman wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Hopefully the Lions too. As long as Millen doesnt do anything stupid. (

Yeah, what are the chances?

The Lions do have to realize that the time is now. Make some good moves or retool. They need to make an all out effort to sign Garcia, or just cut Harrington and sign Warner, Fielder, whoever and start to rebuild their QB spot while the division is in such turmoil. Probably they'll end up Ditka-ing around and end up with some retread QB and have to rely on Bloey. :-t

I'm a bit lost on what that means,but I really think with the talent on offense in Detroit,the Lions have a real shot in our weak division this year.I mean behind the Bears of course,but hey,second place is like the Superbowl for the Lions,right?Boy,it's just not as fun picking on the Lions as it was picking on Tampa every year.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:52 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
moochman wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Hopefully the Lions too. As long as Millen doesnt do anything stupid. (

Yeah, what are the chances?

The Lions do have to realize that the time is now. Make some good moves or retool. They need to make an all out effort to sign Garcia, or just cut Harrington and sign Warner, Fielder, whoever and start to rebuild their QB spot while the division is in such turmoil. Probably they'll end up Ditka-ing around and end up with some retread QB and have to rely on Bloey. :-t

I'm a bit lost on what that means,but I really think with the talent on offense in Detroit,the Lions have a real shot in our weak division this year.I mean behind the Bears of course,but hey,second place is like the Superbowl for the Lions,right?Boy,it's just not as fun picking on the Lions as it was picking on Tampa every year.

What that means is that the Lions have an excellant chance to take advantage of the Packers and Vikes stumbling and win the division. But they are approaching the FA season timidly. They say they want a back-up who can challenge Bloey Harrington. Why be such pansies? Why not just say we need to be better a QB and tell Garcia and the rest that the job is open, come and get it. Do you think they look at Harrington ridiculous contract, hear talk about backing him up and think that they would be given a shot to start? Go after Garcia, he is the best fit for Mariucci's awful offense. And go after him hard. But instead they are just pussy-footing around and hoping someone will sign.

They re-sign Raiola at center and are letting McDougal, tackle, go when they have a better center in Woody and there are lots of guards around. Check that, were. They have effectively screwed around enough that the best Guards are gone. ???

They are now flirting with Kennedy from Denver. A hitter who can't cover. Add this to a soft secondary that doesn't cover well. ???

I know it's easy for me to sit here and take potshots at Millen, but can you see the logic in the job he is(n't) doing? That's what I mean by the Lions Ditka-ing around. It's time for a serious move and we are led by what looks like a wishy-washy coach and a clueless GM. I pray I am wrong.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:04 pm

Nice! Each loss by the Pack and Vikes leads closer to a Bears division title ;-D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MadScott » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:47 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:
MadScott wrote:The Rams are making moves for sure, don't know if they are the right moves but making moves none the less.

To me, their real weakness seemed along the defensive line where they showed little ability to rush the passer on a consistent basis or stop the run. Seems as if they may have been a bit better served to nail down some beef in the line and then rely on an acquisition at LB later on. We'll see how this all plays out.

They will grab a DE in the draft, there are a bunch of solid DE that could be immediate starters for the rams. (Pollack, Cody(s), James, Spears, etc.)
Solid to unspectacular based on who you believe that evaluates NFL talent. They still seem like they need those interior Dlineman which aren't going to be readily available via draft nor through free agency. Just seems like resources could have been better spent.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk