What does loss of Rivera and Wahle do to Packers? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What does loss of Rivera and Wahle do to Packers?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:25 pm

All this means is that the Packers have 10 million dollars worth of cap room and we can speed up the rebuilding process, starting with Favre retiring. What good was it going to do if they stayed and Favre doesn't retire. We get to go 10-6 and lose in the playoffs.

2005 Green Bay Packers = 2004 Jacksonville Jaguars

A team that will still be in games, but will struggle. Will barely miss the playoffs.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Justin_Case » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:29 pm

Yeah, they won't be that terrible, miss the playoffs.

But they are in the NFC! Who knows.

They won't have to worry as much about Moss either. lol
Justin_Case
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:55 am

The curse has been lifted!Favre stays,Favre goes it's all the same.This team is headed to the cellar.They lost to a verrrry mediocre(at best) Bears team last year,then the Vikes knocked them down a peg,and it all led to goodnight Pack.See you in 5 years Packer fans,clean house and start over.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:08 am

Sixxgunn wrote:The curse has been lifted!Favre stays,Favre goes it's all the same.This team is headed to the cellar.They lost to a verrrry mediocre(at best) Bears team last year,then the Vikes knocked them down a peg,and it all led to goodnight Pack.See you in 5 years Packer fans,clean house and start over.

Well, I'm not quite as gleeful about it as Sixxgunn but I do agree with his point. I think the Packers are in for a few rough years. Hopefully we can turn it around quickly instead of sinking back in a quagmire like a couple of decades ago.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:24 am

PackerAttack84 wrote:All this means is that the Packers have 10 million dollars worth of cap room and we can speed up the rebuilding process, starting with Favre retiring. What good was it going to do if they stayed and Favre doesn't retire. We get to go 10-6 and lose in the playoffs.

A team that will still be in games, but will struggle. Will barely miss the playoffs.

JAX was 9-7, pack was 10-6... with these losses you have to be joking... the packers were lucky as hell to win some of those games... you are nuts if you think losing wahle, rivera, and favre will lead to a 9-7 record... even in the NFC... not only that... but the 2004 pack LOST to the 2004 Jaguars... who will they get with the cap room??? pfft, pack loses favre they'd be lucky to pull out 5 wins
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby CC » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:56 pm

I don't mind losing Rivera (I thought he was overrated) but the loss of Wahle really hurts. He's the 3rd best guard in the league (after Hutchinson and Faneca) and pulls a lot for the Packers. Clifton, Tauscher, and Flanagan are all great at their positions and I assume they will move Kevin Barry inside and give Ruegamer some time, they should still be a top 10 o-line next year.

That said the Packers are going straight downhill (and fast).
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:42 pm

treat24 wrote:
PackerAttack84 wrote:All this means is that the Packers have 10 million dollars worth of cap room and we can speed up the rebuilding process, starting with Favre retiring. What good was it going to do if they stayed and Favre doesn't retire. We get to go 10-6 and lose in the playoffs.

JAX was 9-7, pack was 10-6... with these losses you have to be joking... the packers were lucky as hell to win some of those games... you are nuts if you think losing wahle, rivera, and favre will lead to a 9-7 record... even in the NFC... not only that... but the 2004 pack LOST to the 2004 Jaguars... who will they get with the cap room??? pfft, pack loses favre they'd be lucky to pull out 5 wins

Read it again. I never said we would win 9 games, I said we would contend for a playoff spot like Jacksonville did and end up just missing out.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk