Ellis restructures contract! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to New York Jets

Ellis restructures contract!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ellis restructures contract!

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:56 am

Shaun Ellis restructured his contract yesterday, creating 5 million dollars in cap space. This will help a lot.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/286654p-245427c.html
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 6358
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fighting in the shade...

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:13 pm

Wow... that is awesome news for NYJ. Question though... will this open some room for a certain Coles to come?
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:04 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:Wow... that is awesome news for NYJ. Question though... will this open some room for a certain Coles to come?


You called it ;-)
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 6358
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fighting in the shade...

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:51 am

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:Wow... that is awesome news for NYJ. Question though... will this open some room for a certain Coles to come?


You called it ;-)


Heeheehee... yeah I guess I did. But another unrelated question... how does the Jets cap room stand, and is there enough room to still sign a competent backup for NYJ? Vinny remains unsigned (wonder why), as is Warner, Garcia, Johnson, Chandler, Stewart, Redman... etc.
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:17 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:Wow... that is awesome news for NYJ. Question though... will this open some room for a certain Coles to come?


You called it ;-)


Heeheehee... yeah I guess I did. But another unrelated question... how does the Jets cap room stand, and is there enough room to still sign a competent backup for NYJ? Vinny remains unsigned (wonder why), as is Warner, Garcia, Johnson, Chandler, Stewart, Redman... etc.


Well, the Jets did have a lot of cap room at the beginning of the offseason. From what I have heard, they will have a couple of million dollars to spare once this Coles/Moss deal is done. They should be able to sign a competent backup (Warner or Fiedler hopefully).
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 6358
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fighting in the shade...


Return to New York Jets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:23 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact