Lamont Raider - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Oakland Raiders

Lamont Raider

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lamont Raider

Postby Daddymike59 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:27 am

LaMont Jordan to Raiders
John Clayton's analysis:
The move: The Raiders sign RB LaMont Jordan to a five-year deal.

The upside: The Raiders wasted no time, signing the best running back available in free agency. That's no surprise. They tried to acquire him in a trade last season. Jordan is the big, physical 230-pound back who works so well in Norv Turner's offense. Turner usually gets 1,200 to 1,400 yards from his feature back. This is the chance Jordan has been waiting for since coming into the league.

The downside: Jordan hasn't played a full season as a starter, so no one knows how his health will hold up for 16 games. He also came at a cost of $5.5 million a year. That big salary creates pressure for him to perform at a Pro Bowl level.

Clayton's take: The Raiders struggled to run the ball last year. They could have drafted a back with the seventh choice in the first round, but they traded it away to get Randy Moss. The additions of Moss and Jordan complete the offense.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PurplePassion » Mon May 30, 2005 8:18 pm

i wouldn't call ur offense complete, lol

and yeah i see this is an old topic but LaMont is a mediocre back, Collins is no better than Kyle Boller at QB, other than Moss, u guys aren't much of a threat thru the air, Porter is over-rated

i give ur offense a B- at best, not an offense that will get u deep in the offseason

i have no idea what the Raider defense looks like tho, i only know they have the 2 Woodsons and Sapp
My team is a choking machine, but there's always next year to be seen.

PurplePassion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:35 pm

PurplePassion wrote:
i have no idea what the Raider defense looks like tho, i only know they have the 2 Woodsons and Sapp

1 woodson**
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gablefan » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:42 am

Purple passion- the year the Giants thumped the vikings in the NFC championship, did that team have any better than a B- offense? Who was their QB again? Oh and the team that thumped the team that thumped you guys How was their offense? D-? Defense means way more than offense!
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:51 am

PurplePassion wrote:i wouldn't call ur offense complete, lol

and yeah i see this is an old topic but LaMont is a mediocre back, Collins is no better than Kyle Boller at QB, other than Moss, u guys aren't much of a threat thru the air, Porter is over-rated

i give ur offense a B- at best, not an offense that will get u deep in the offseason

haha.....we got a sour vikes fan who came to hate on randys new team.....

make no mistake, this team has a GREAT chance to be a top 5 offense this year.....for 2 reasons, they are loaded on offense, and they will be playing in shootouts every week with the way their defense looks......whoever scores last in the raiders games will win the game.....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Return to Oakland Raiders