updated cap figures - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

updated cap figures

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Bennett4prez » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:11 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
steelyeri wrote:
Bennett4Prez wrote:Only one team has over $15 mil.

It's the Vikings, $31 mil over the cap. :-?

The vikes are $31 mil under the cap. and that includes the $9.5 million bonus that they paid Moss years ago which was accelerated towards this year's cap. So really they have less than $40 million in contract obligations for next season. They still aren't very active on the FA Market eiter. Man, that suckes for vikes fans.

blame that on the owner problem. As long as Fowler is going for the owner slot, the FA signings in Minnesota will be a disasterous bottleneck.

Not so fast. If Fowler wants to make a signing, yes, McCombs would have to pay for it, but Fowler could reimburse McCombs for any offseason purchases he wants processed. Obviously, this doesn't include the Moss trade since Fowler would have been very against such a move.

But, now that I think about it, McCombs would probably ask for a 10% profit off of any signing this offseason. Trust me, it's McCombs.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:44 am

Thats Burress money, they could do a lot worse than signing him.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:46 pm

The Giants cap figure is wrong in that list because it doesn't take into account Warner and a few other odds and ends.

Burress supposedly had his physical with the Giants on Friday and now Inside Football and a few other sites are reporting that the Giants and Burress have come to terms on a contract that will supposedly be announced Monday.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:52 pm

Amazinz wrote:The Giants cap figure is wrong in that list because it doesn't take into account Warner and a few other odds and ends.

Burress supposedly had his physical with the Giants on Friday and now Inside Football and a few other sites are reporting that the Giants and Burress have come to terms on a contract that will supposedly be announced Monday.

Boo. I am a big Plaxico fan and I would rather see him go to the hated Vikings than the wasteland that is New York (Giants).
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:01 pm

Well it's still unconfirmed so don't get too down. ;-)
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk