3-4 or a 4-3??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

3-4 or a 4-3???

Moderator: Football Moderators

3-4 or a 4-3???

Postby RayVins » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:33 pm

With all the personnel changes in Free Agency this offseason, alot of teams are losing key defensive players.

So I ask you, after last year's defensive strategy, what formation will your respective teams run through next year? And with what new/returning players?

BAL:
-we are switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 with the loss of MLB Hartwell.
-terrel suggs is switching to RE, a natural born DE, with the departure of Marquese Douglas
-2nd year player Dwan Edwards will most likely start at DT next to Kelly Gregg
-Adaulis Thomas, Ray Lewis, and Peter Boulware will start at LB... returning Ray Lewis to the system be best thrives in.
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:40 pm

I think its too early in free agency, plus the NFL draft has not happned, to give an accurate report on defenses(especially ours)
Last edited by J2thez929 on Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:41 pm

Dallas Cowboys: 3-4

Starters:

DE: Glover (projected)
DE: Ellis
DT: Ferguson
OLB: Singleton
OLB: Bradie James ;-D
MLB: Dat Nguyen
MLB: Markus Steele? :~(
CB: Newman
CB: Henry
SS: Lynn Scott
FS: Williams

*Newly acquired DT Ferguson will be the NT for our new 3-4 scheme.
*Pro Bowler DT LaRoi Glover will likely start at DE, if he is not traded (NO! :~( )
*Young OLB Bradie James, a more architype 3-4 OLB, will replace former OLB Dexter Coakley, who signed with the Rams. James should do nicely, as he has been patient, and will be given his chance to shine.
*There is NO depth at MLB for Dallas, and career backup Markus Steele is the only option for MLB that we have right now. We will likely correct this in the draft. (c'mon, Kirk Morrison!)
*Scott sucks, and there is no way he will start at SS this season. We will likely draft Michigin SS Shazor with our 2nd round pick.
*Newly acquired CH Henry will start at RCB this year, sending incumbant Pete Hunter to a much better suited nickleback slot.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby petedog9 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:42 pm

The Steelers will stay with the 3-4. They are the master of the 3-4 and if it aint broke.........
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Manja » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:43 pm

The Cowboys are more suited for 4-3, in my opinion. Also, I believe Roy Williams will be moved to the Strong Safety position so he can blitz more often. Whatever safety we sign (or draft) will play the duties of coverage in Free Safety.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:49 pm

There's no way Dallas is going to 3-4 as base. Are they? That would be a huge mistake I think. I had read they were adding 3-4 to the playbook.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Atog » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:07 pm

i doubt the lions would go 3-4 if we had the four best LB's in the game.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GMoney » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:15 pm

well im almost positive that the niners will switch to the 3-4 this year.

Nolan knows how it works and if there is a strength on the niners team it is DEFINATELY their LBs.

Julian Peterson, Derek Smith, Jeff Ulbrich, and Jamie Winbourn are all pretty much suited to the 3-4 (with the exception of maybe derek smith). Plus our DL is getting weaker so it would seem to make sense. We just need a solid NT (anthony adams has added a tonne and Isaac Sopuouga (benched the most reps at the combine last year.... lifts tree trunks to work out) are both suited to this role).

Bryant young can only play effectively for so long... we need some help on the D Line. Andre Carter has shown some talent. those 3 would be an effective DL in the 3-4 scheme.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:27 pm

Amazinz wrote:There's no way Dallas is going to 3-4 as base. Are they? That would be a huge mistake I think. I had read they were adding 3-4 to the playbook.

all the signs are pointing to a base 3-4. And seriously, if we got another good, or at least solid MLB (I'm hoping for Kirk Morrison), then it would be a perfect fit. Bradie is a big, brusing type of OLB, perfect for 3-4.

If we weren't going for a 3-4, why on Earth would we have released Dexter Coakley? We only saved 750,000 doing that.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bagobonez » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:45 pm

I think all signs point to Dallas moving to the 3-4, but nothing's set in stone yet. That may not even be determined until the draft comes and Parcells sees what's available as far as talent that fits the 3-4 and talent that fits the 4-3
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk