What's going on in Cheeseland? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What's going on in Cheeseland?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What's going on in Cheeseland?

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:34 pm

Can any of you Packerbackers tell me what the plan is for your home town heroes?

Can you explain to me what the plan is for the O-line?

And why did they franchise Bubba instead of one of the O-linemen? I would much rather lose a guard and a TE than 2 Guards. What's that all about?

And of course you will keep us up to date on the Favre retirement status, won't you.

Thanks, a concerned rival fan.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What's going on in Cheeseland?

Postby RayVins » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:37 pm

moochman wrote:Can any of you Packerbackers tell me what the plan is for your home town heroes?

Can you explain to me what the plan is for the O-line?

And why did they franchise Bubba instead of one of the O-linemen? I would much rather lose a guard and a TE than 2 Guards. What's that all about?

And of course you will keep us up to date on the Favre retirement status, won't you.

Thanks, a concerned rival fan.

flanagan is switching to G, a more impact position on the OL.

bubba franks is more of a difference maker on the offense for brett favre...

favre will stay for one more year...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:39 pm

We are in the process of rebuilding, the only way we would've kept Wahle was to let him have his 6 million dollar roster bonus, and Rivera is 32 and would cost more then he is worth. Favre is possibly gone, but why don't we get that out of the way now? We aren't going anywhere with, or without him anyway. I believe we will draft a linemen and move Kevin Barry to a guard. I like Dan Buenning out of Wisconsin in the 4th or 5th round, look what Tauscher turned out to be. General Manager Ted Thompson doesn't believe teams are made by signing free agents, as we know for ever good signing, there is 10 bad signings. Resigning Wahle and Rivera would've been higher priorities if they had been tackles, guards are one of the least important positions in the NFL, tackles are way more important, and there we have Chad Clifton and Mark Tauchser.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:19 pm

Thanks, Packerattack. I thought they must be restructuring the O-line. You don't think that Wahle was worth the $6mil? Has Green weighed in on the loses yet?

I hope Favre hangs around a couple more seasons.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:23 pm

moochman wrote:Thanks, Packerattack. I thought they must be restructuring the O-line. You don't think that Wahle was worth the $6mil? Has Green weighed in on the loses?

Wahle would've gotten 6 million dollars, plus his regular salary. I haven't heard anything from Green.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ravage » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:44 pm

Wahle would have cost over $11 mil in cap space this season had they kept him as his contract was.
ravage
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:20 pm

ravage wrote:Wahle would have cost over $11 mil in cap space this season had they kept him as his contract was.

Check. Accountants are ruining the game!

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby s0meguy » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:47 pm

It's looking like Favre is going to stay. This is heresay but Favre does an annual fund raising deal and he specifically asked for them to not schedule it during mini camp. Sherman is no longer the GM but just the coach, because he sucked at personal work (traded up to draft a punter in the third round and doesn't even start him!). I don't know much about our new guy except that he plans to avoid free agent signings and improve the team through the draft. We also signed a new D coach from the Phins who is supposedly one of the best (I believe he's never had a defence ranking out of the top 10 since he started in the league, or for the last 10 years or something).
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ravage » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:00 am

s0meguy wrote:It's looking like Favre is going to stay. This is heresay but Favre does an annual fund raising deal and he specifically asked for them to not schedule it during mini camp.
That's pretty old news and it was a charity golf tournament he was asked to play in. His agent called the event to find out if it was scheduled during minicamp.

As far as the defensive coach goes there is not much he can do if he doesn't have players. No matter how good he is.

As far as Johnson and the salary cap goes word is that Sherman had it messed up bad. It sounds like Johnson may try to get some cheap FAs to fill spots and try to fill the via the draft as best he can.

But we could be in a world of hurt for a couple of years.
ravage
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:05 am

ravage wrote:As far as Johnson and the salary cap goes word is that Sherman had it messed up bad. It sounds like Johnson may try to get some cheap FAs to fill spots and try to fill the via the draft as best he can.

You mean Thompson?
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk