CLE Signs CB Gary Baxter... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

CLE Signs CB Gary Baxter...

Moderator: Football Moderators

CLE Signs CB Gary Baxter...

Postby RayVins » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:02 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=brownsbaxter&prov=st&type=lgns

god, i am so tired of teams first taking our coaches (del rio, marvin lewis, mike nolan, and phil savage too) then, consequently, the coaches taking all of our players.

especially in our own division...

but good ridance to baxter, he is replaceable, and he turned down 10 million sign bonus from the ravens... so im glad he left to CLE which means they payed him an *** load of money.

ungrateful player who blew too many coverages and lacked speed... come to think of it, hes the perfect replacement for henry...kidding.
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:13 pm

a step in the right directoin for the browns D...and unlike rayvins im actually not too happy to see him go, except from a financial perspective. he is replaceable but he was pretty good. :-/
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:30 pm

Don't kid yourself, Delux... RayVins is extremely unhappy to see him go... he just gets all pissy when this stuff happens... (you like that? :-b ).

Anyways, Baxter is a good, physical corner, or safety, depending on how the Browns decide to play him. Good pickup, dispite the cost.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RayVins » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:33 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:Don't kid yourself, Delux... RayVins is extremely unhappy to see him go... he just gets all pissy when this stuff happens... (you like that? :-b ).

Anyways, Baxter is a good, physical corner, or safety, depending on how the Browns decide to play him. Good pickup, dispite the cost.

im pissed when we invest training, time, money, and a high draft pick on someone and they show no loyalty to go somewhere else (where they wont win) for a little but more money.

baxter is not a good corner because he does not have good hands, he lacks speed, and constantly got burned last year. however he is a great hitter and, in zone, he played well. he is a natural born safety and it is sad to see him go when we are still starting will demps at FS...

also i like his first name (you like that???) but good luck in CLE, i still think it was a bad move on his part
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:40 pm

RayVins wrote:
also i like his first name (you like that???)

nice...

anyways, I was under the impression that Will Demps was a UFA. Did he get resigned or tendered?

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:40 pm

The Brownies are doing a good job improving there team this season, not only players, but coaches. They could go 7-9 or maybe even 8-8 next season if guys turn out well.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:50 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
RayVins wrote:

nice...

anyways, I was under the impression that Will Demps was a UFA. Did he get resigned or tendered?

he is a RFA, we put a medium tender on him... nobody wants him though, so i think we're safe.
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:42 pm

With Crennel as coach, Andruzzi and Baxter as their player additions, the Browns are having a quite productive off-season this year. They just need a QB desperately.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:27 pm

RayVins wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
RayVins wrote:

nice...

he is a RFA, we put a medium tender on him... nobody wants him though, so i think we're safe.

not so fast... Dallas is known for signing mediocre players and making them starters... :-P

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:45 pm

I didn't think that Baxter was that good of a corner either. I think he was one of those guys that got "hidden" on a great defense. Baxter usually got safety help because McAlister was on the other side.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Return to Football Talk