Ty Law - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ty Law

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ty Law

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:37 pm

anyone heard any rumours about him? I dont have a link, but I read somewhere he was interested in the Chiefs.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:38 pm

Yeah there have been many rumours about him meeting with the chiefs and has been interested in signing with them. So far there all rumours though so well see how it pans out.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:56 pm

I heard some teams are turned off because it's taken him along time to heal. I read he's still using a wheel chair to get around.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:33 pm

ljthockey wrote:Yeah there have been many rumours about him meeting with the chiefs and has been interested in signing with them. So far there all rumours though so well see how it pans out.

they could definitley use him. no offense bro :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:27 pm

I had read that Ty had visited the Cowboys yesterday. The Boys i believe have about 11 mil left in cap room so its a possibility. Jets too are another team that i had heard that Ty was having talks with.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:01 pm

If the Cowboys pay any more than like $3 mil a year for him I'm going to be mad. Because now that we have Anthony Henry, he and Terence Newman are the projected starters at CB. So would he play free safety? Would he be willing to accept a backup role and backup money?

I'd rather just not have him at all. I think the Patriots were smart to cut him.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Atog » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:09 pm

i'd love to see him on the Lions, but such a high-profile free agency sign would be so unlike the Lions
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:23 am

bagobonez wrote:If the Cowboys pay any more than like $3 mil a year for him I'm going to be mad. Because now that we have Anthony Henry, he and Terence Newman are the projected starters at CB. So would he play free safety? Would he be willing to accept a backup role and backup money?

I'd rather just not have him at all. I think the Patriots were smart to cut him.

agreed... this may be a little harsh, but Law is on his last leg, and I think he's just looking for a fat contract so that he can retire with a fat wad of cash. I'd rather not see him in Dallas... if he hire anyone at S, I hope its Dwight Smith (if don't draft Shazor...). Unfourtunately, I haven't heard any news about us talking to Smith... :,-(

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:58 am

bagobonez wrote:Because now that we have Anthony Henry, he and Terence Newman are the projected starters at CB. So would he play free safety? Would he be willing to accept a backup role and backup money?

Uh, so you think if the Cowboys got Law they'd start Anthony Henry over him? Half the people here probably didn't even know who Anthony Henry was until last week.

People are so quick to jump to conclusions. Wasn't it just last year that people were (unjustifiably as I said at the time) proclaiming Law as the best CB in the NFL?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:01 pm

I wouldn't complain about getting Ty Law, no matter what team I was. He isn't the best CB in the NFL, but when he's healthy, he's top 5. If teams are passing on him because they have mediocre players like Anthony Henry and Brian Williams slated for starting roles that's foolish. If they are passing on him because they are worried about his health and age, then that makes sense.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk