Dilfer to Browns. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dilfer to Browns.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby chaindog35 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:59 pm

i don't think this is a bad move by the browns. Gives them a caretaker for the position until mccown, harris, draft pick can develop into a starting qb.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:00 pm

Sorry that I'm not up on the prospective draftees as much as you other guys...but I have no idea who "DJ" is...:-S

Looking at a quick board, I assume you mean LB Derrick Johnson. That would make sense since they said something about wanting to institute a 3-4 defense. They are going to need some better LB's to do that.

I'm still not seeing that offense being much better than last year, though. A friend of mine who is a big Browns fan is even more frustrated after this signing. He just doesn't see how this improves the team this year.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Daddymike59 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:27 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Sorry that I'm not up on the prospective draftees as much as you other guys...but I have no idea who "DJ" is...:-S

Looking at a quick board, I assume you mean LB Derrick Johnson. That would make sense since they said something about wanting to institute a 3-4 defense. They are going to need some better LB's to do that.

I'm still not seeing that offense being much better than last year, though. A friend of mine who is a big Browns fan is even more frustrated after this signing. He just doesn't see how this improves the team this year.

Mercer:

Coaching will improve vastly. Sean Jones and KW2 healthy will help. The 3-4 will help especially if Andra Davis is paired with Johnson. Dilfer doesn't exite me either but for what was on the market he or Brad Johnson were the best choices. Carthon won't be a 2 back offensive coach. It will be Suggs until he breaks(GOD Forbid) That will help. The O line worries me but look for improvement. Tell you friend not to give up hope yet.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

follow up

Postby Daddymike59 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:41 am

Cleveland agrees to deal with Cosey Coleman

Cosey Coleman was part of a line that led the Buccaneers to the world championship following the 2002 season.
Berea, OH (Sports Network) - The Cleveland Browns have reportedly signed free agent guard Cosey Coleman to a two-year contract.

According to The Plain Dealer in Cleveland, financial terms of the deal were not available, but Coleman can receive up to $3 million in bonuses if he reaches the incentives specified in his contract.

The 6-4, 322-pound Coleman, who had been with Tampa Bay for the first five years of his career, has been a perennial starter at right guard over the past four campaigns. He was part of a line that led the Buccaneers to the world championship following the 2002 season.

Coleman, 26, was also pursued by Cleveland last year when he was an unrestricted free agent, but elected to re-sign with the Bucs.

this definiely helps the o line

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk