Warner and Cards agree to terms - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Warner and Cards agree to terms

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:49 am

It's a decent signing by the Cards. One year at $4mil, not a bad risk. Mrs. Warner's husband still has some gas left in his tank and the Cards have much better WRs and O-line than the Giants last season. Also the guy has proven to be a very good teammate and groomer of QBs. Could help aide in the developement of McCown.

I just hope the O-line does a lot of work on their fumble recovery skills.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:39 am

I really hope Denny Green gives McCown a fair chance at becoming the starter out there. Something about McCown has me sold that he can be a pretty decent starter in the NFL with Boldin, Fitz, and Johnson to throw to. He just never seems to get a fair shake. Right when they pulled him for Shaun King, it seemed like McCown was actually making progress. They pulled King to put McCown back in there and things started looking up again. The Warner signing just makes me wonder if Green will put a short leash on Josh.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:28 am

I think Green likes Mccown and is just using Warner to push and give time for Mccown to develop into a better passer. I don't see Zona going QB in the draft and I wouldn't be surprised to see them wait til the 2nd to take a rb.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby cooleyhigh » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:47 am

Ehh... :-/

There is no question he is an upgrade from McCown who in my opinion will never be an NFL QB.

But I dont think Warner has much of an arm on him and I expect another season of piddly 5 yard catches for Boldin :~( It might be time to cut bait.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:34 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:you guys must not have watched him play this year...im not saying he is the worst...but im saying they could have done better..i think warner was a product of the system he was in.

Bingo bango...those teams were run and gun, fast offenses (much like the Arena league). He would dump it off to Faulk if everyone was covered and never held the ball for over 2 seconds. Note how he goes to teams where he has to stand in the pocket, he would get wasted, fumble the ball, or throw a pick.

I don't think he'll be bringing Arizona from the brink unless whoever is their RB will be like Faulk. If they decide to go with Shipp, they might be decent though. If I remember correctly, he was a pretty good pass catcher. But, he's no Faulk. :-/

Doesnt Dennis Green want to make his offense run and gun? To me this makes a lot of sense to bring in a QB who has had success with that style. With those WRs it would be hard for Warner to look bad. Last year he had Toomer and a hurt Shockey at the begining of the year to throw to. Now he is going to have 3, and you know they are going to upgrade the RB position to give them even more threats.

Warner should be fine and so should the cardinals
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:52 am

I agree with chaindog here, I think he is just pushing McCown. He tried to do that with shipp last year by threatening to start Smith, but then shipp got injured.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk