Where will Plax end up? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where will Plax end up?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:06 am

I was just reading that the Vikes dont have any plans on bringing Burress in. So it seems now the Giants are Plaxs best bet. He really didnt draw too much interest in the market this year. Not really suprising though when you are a headcase without the ambition to back up your statements.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:25 am

If the Vikes dont even intend on pursuing Burress I would have to say they are mentally challenged.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:12 am

Has anyone thought to mention to the Viking FO that you can't carry over cap space?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:56 am

It does seem that the sale or selling of the Vikings has paralyzed their front office. Not a good time for that.

On one hand I hope that Plax will go to the Giants. Just so he won't be in the Lions' division. But I would also like to see him be able to utilize his talents and have serious doubts that he would fit in in Coughlin's system. Would hate to see him wasted as a down field blocker for Tiki.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:41 am

awwchrist wrote:Has anyone thought to mention to the Viking FO that you can't carry over cap space?

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe with the new ownership, they'll start shelling out more cash, but you'd never know it right now with free agents dropping like flies.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:37 am

maybe the vikes, no one wants him, so the first to pony up a little cash should get him
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:28 am

I don't know if anyone else saw this...but I guess the Giants made him an "offer," and he thinks it's too low.

ESPN.com wrote:Whether the Giants back up their seeming interest in Burress with an attractive contract offer remains to be seen. ESPN.com has learned that, during a discussion last week, Giants officials casually floated some contract parameters, not a formal proposal, but more a suggestion. The numbers: six years for $21 million, with a signing bonus of about $4 million.

Those seem low for Burress, whose agent said last week he was hoping to land a deal superior to the six-year, $30 million contract former Carolina Panthers wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad signed with the Chicago Bears last weekend. That contract, worth $16 million over its first three years, included $12 million in guarantees.

Maybe when he has a huge year like Muhammad did last year he can ask for those numbers...and he goes off asking for MORE? :-?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:10 am

I don't think the Giants will be willing to spend that much money for Plax. Eli could definitely use him, though. My best bet is that Minnesota wakes up and goes after him, they have the money to do so, and if they do they could then forget a wide receiver with their first pick and instead get Derrick Johnson.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby cruiz03 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:56 am

By end of day tomorrow he will be a Gmen. Mini is ran by a bunch of jack asses. I can't believe that i will go into the season with Culp as my QB and no WR FA that is worth talking about. IMO Taylor nor Gardner are work talking about when replacing Moss.
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:01 pm

rotoworld wrote:The Vikings are reportedly not interested in Plaxico Burress.

The point is probably moot, as Burress is expected to sign with the Giants shortly. Minnesota would have been a better fantasy landing spot. Mar. 7 - 11:39 am et
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk