Viking show interest in Gardner - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Viking show interest in Gardner

Moderator: Football Moderators

Viking show interest in Gardner

Postby cooleyhigh » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:52 am

Honk if you have been pushed Rod Gardner!

The Vikings reportedly have yet another target in mind for Daunte Culpepper. The team has discussed a trade with the Redskins for wide receiver Rod Gardner, according to Sunday's Minneapolis Star Tribune. The deal would probably be for a draft pick. Gardner has been granted permission by the Redskins to seek a trade because of his unhappiness with the way he was used last season.

http://www.fanball.com/fb/index.cfm
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:59 am

:~( :~( :~(

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:09 am

This is just stupid, they need to get Plax. :*)
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Flux » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:34 am

I agree that they need to get Plax....but they may not want to trade one headache in Moss for another in Burress. And who knows, Burress may not want to go there for whatever reason and MIN may be trying to salvage anything they can at this point
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:24 am

This is painful for me to say... but Gardner is underrated. I shutter to think what he would do to my 'Boys if he had a decent QB (well... probably nothing... we still have Newman and Roy :-D). Gardner would be a good pickup for the Vikes. Burleson and Gardner could be one and two, and Marcus Robinson could be number 3. An awesome tandem if you ask me... and they have a QB who makes receivers better. Look at what Gardner has had to deal with his entire career...

It's a good deal, depending on what the Vikes give up. But their first two 1st rounders could be much better spent on defense.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby King_Portis » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:41 am

I see Gardner as a ploy in hopes to drive down Burress' price. Unfortunately for us Viking fans, if the Skins take a low enough offer, the Vikes will jump on it to save money.

Marcus Robinson????? Does he play for the Vikings, don't recall seeing him on the field last year?lol
King_Portis
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: Sit back and enjoy as I make my way into the record books in 2005.

Postby Flux » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:00 pm

rotoworld wrote:The Vikings are reportedly not interested in Plaxico Burress.

The point is probably moot, as Burress is expected to sign with the Giants shortly. Minnesota would have been a better fantasy landing spot. Mar. 7 - 11:39 am et
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:22 pm

Flux wrote:
rotoworld wrote:The Vikings are reportedly not interested in Plaxico Burress.

The point is probably moot, as Burress is expected to sign with the Giants shortly. Minnesota would have been a better fantasy landing spot. Mar. 7 - 11:39 am et

Guess they'll draft out of Brown/Benson/Cadillac, have Burleson at the 1, put Mewelde at the 2, Bennett at 3 and let Smith/Moe/Rookie do RBBC and Robinson and Campbell move to the secondary and they use #18 to draft the great rookie kicker. Vikes fans, I'm sorry for your loss...
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:43 pm

Hey, it may not be Plax, but it's a hell of a lot better than Travis Taylor.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:29 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Hey, it may not be Plax, but it's a hell of a lot better than Travis Taylor.

Yeah, Rod Gardner is a heck of a lot better deep threat than Marcus so the Vikes better at least get him now. They seriously need somebody so they can be smart and draft D in the first round. I'm more and more convinced they'll spend #7 on Williams or Edwards or do something crazy like move up.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk