Rolle A Raven - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rolle A Raven

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby gatorman1122 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:45 pm

I like the Ravens to win the AFC this year if they can stay healthy, especially Jamal Lewis.

and if none of them get suspended (or thrown in jail) :-]
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:47 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
moochman wrote:Suckers! That's a ton of cash to pay for an aging player with an injury history. General wisdom in the NFL is that you don't pay top dollar for older players. I think the Ravens D is tight enough that they could've settled for a cheaper alternative.

28 isn't too bad for "aging"...

yeah I was going to say the same thing
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:49 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:I hope he's a problem too... so RayVins will shut up for like two seconds about his teams SB run THIS year, despite the crappy QB. (that's right... you got nothin... :-b )

best defense in the game... one of the best rushers in the league, one of the best TEs, great OL, and a pro bowl wideout... and you think i am worried about the QB?

we did it with trent dilfer and no WRs before now, so im not worried... so again i say:

SUPER BOWL RUN
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RayVins » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:51 pm

moochman wrote:Suckers! That's a ton of cash to pay for an aging player with an injury history. General wisdom in the NFL is that you don't pay top dollar for older players. I think the Ravens D is tight enough that they could've settled for a cheaper alternative.

suckers? we needed a replacement at CB, so we got the best FA CB left... suckers?

you would have killed to have him on your team considering he is better than any CB you have.

regardless if we payed top dollar or not, around the same was paid to anothony henry and baxter so im happy for a better replacement...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Rolle A Raven

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:39 pm

RayVins wrote:not a redskin...

Ravens | Rolle Contract Updat
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:41:16 -0800

Updating previous reports, ESPNews reports the contract signed by Baltimore Ravens CB Samari Rolle is a six-year deal worth $30.5 million including an $11 million signing bonus.

super bowl run...

Well thats stupid. Why would they sign him? They need OFFENSE, not Defense. I mean they already have one of the top 5 corners in the game, they don't really need Rolle, especially for that price.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:41 pm

RayVins wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:I hope he's a problem too... so RayVins will shut up for like two seconds about his teams SB run THIS year, despite the crappy QB. (that's right... you got nothin... :-b )

best defense in the game... one of the best rushers in the league, one of the best TEs, great OL, and a pro bowl wideout... and you think i am worried about the QB?

we did it with trent dilfer and no WRs before now, so im not worried... so again i say:

SUPER BOWL RUN

You have got to be kidding. Super bowl run? Try making the playoffs first. :-D They won't even win the division.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Re: Rolle A Raven

Postby Flux » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:49 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:
RayVins wrote:not a redskin...

Ravens | Rolle Contract Updat
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:41:16 -0800

Updating previous reports, ESPNews reports the contract signed by Baltimore Ravens CB Samari Rolle is a six-year deal worth $30.5 million including an $11 million signing bonus.

super bowl run...

Well thats stupid. Why would they sign him? They need OFFENSE, not Defense. I mean they already have one of the top 5 corners in the game, they don't really need Rolle, especially for that price.

Ok, I dont like the Ravens being a Bengals fan, but why wouldnt they sign him? They basically offered Baxter the same deal, and then when he bolted, got a very good CB instead.

The offense last year was pretty sad, but that was w/ Jamal hurt, Ogden hurt, and Heap hurt. They all should be healthy, Mason has been added, they have already improved their o-line and will probably make another upgrade their as well. The only weakness that there is, is perhaps Boller, which is questionablel since he never really had much to work with. Sure you would like a Peyton Manning or McNabb or Culpepper, but there really isnt much quality out there at the QB spot at the moment. Bollers #'s will improve, and if they dont, he will be gone.

The Ravens have improved on both sides of the ball, and what more can you ask for? Im not saying they will make the Super Bowl, but they will be better than last year
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:20 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:
RayVins wrote:

SUPER BOWL RUN

You have got to be kidding. Super bowl run? Try making the playoffs first. :-D They won't even win the division.

i cant wait to paperbag challenge your jets, you and i can make it a special one. i think you are just bitter because you know we are going to dominate next year.

i like this move. if he can stay healthy, he will be a horse. 2 great signings now...lets see who is next ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:28 pm

Flux wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:

28 isn't too bad for "aging"...

yeah I was going to say the same thing

He may be 28 but his back is 40. There are injury concerns with him and for a D that is as solid as theirs I don't think they needed to gamble on him. If he is healthy throughout the contract they get their money's worth. I just don't think they needed to do it. They do have a pretty good record of finding guys in the draft.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Azrael » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:16 pm

Hmm, now they have 2 lock down guys instead of just one. What are Reed and Demps going to do, twiddle their thumbs? :-b

Tampa Bay proved you don't need a great offense to win. An excellent defense can certainly carry the day.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk