Rolle A Raven - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rolle A Raven

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:20 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:i think you are just bitter because you know we are going to dominate next year.

Ravens fans are so hyped up all of the sudden. I honestly don't see much difference between next year's team and this past year's team. Sure you have signed mason, but he is on the wrong side of thirty, and i'd be surprised if boller can even get him the ball. Rolle is injury prone, and I honestly don't see how you can improve the secondary much more than it already is.

I'm just not seeing a Ravens team that will be able to beat the Steelers until they get a better QB under center.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:30 pm

I'm not exactly sure why they made this signing...but getting a shutdown cornerback like Samari Rolle is never a bad thing. Damn...their defense is going to be absolutely sick. (like it already wasn't) If the Bus wasn't coming back I'd say they would definitely win the division, but now it'll be close. They definitely have a shot though, and with a looming shutout possibility every game it wouldn't surprise me if they reach the Super Bowl.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:35 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:i think you are just bitter because you know we are going to dominate next year.

Ravens fans are so hyped up all of the sudden. I honestly don't see much difference between next year's team and this past year's team. Sure you have signed mason, but he is on the wrong side of thirty, and i'd be surprised if boller can even get him the ball. Rolle is injury prone, and I honestly don't see how you can improve the secondary much more than it already is.

I'm just not seeing a Ravens team that will be able to beat the Steelers until they get a better QB under center.

hyped all of a sudden?...

first off i was almost as hyped last season until all the key players on offense missed a chunk of the season. i think you just have something against the ravens. in a previous post i remember you saying they wouldnt do better than the jets, bills steelers or pats. while i can understand the latter 2, im pretty sure they will finish better than the jets and the bills. dont forget, they beat both of those teams last season shorthanded, and put the notch on the steelers record. the addition of mason, along with the rest of the offense that was missing, might be more of a force than you give it credit for, even with boller. all he has to do is not make mistakes. kind of like big bens role this last season. i look forward to proving you wrong. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Slingblade » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:54 pm

I guess the Ravens are my 2nd favorite team now, lol. They should do well this year. I do think Boller will step up and play. Superbowl may not be that far off.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:18 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:in a previous post i remember you saying they wouldnt do better than the jets, bills steelers or pats. while i can understand the latter 2, im pretty sure they will finish better than the jets and the bills. dont forget, they beat both of those teams last season shorthanded, and put the notch on the steelers record.

I just want to make a point about the jets/ravens game from this past season. Chad Pennington was out, leaving pothead Quincy Carter to run the offense. THe Jets were actually up 14-0 in teh first half until idiot Paul Hackett decided to have Lamont Jordan throw a pass into the endzone, which coincidentally got picked off. Plus, at the end of the game, the Jets would have won had they not run off 30+ seconds on a play for no apparent reason.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:27 pm

coulda, woulda, shoulda....but didnt. B-)

even jamal over there under my name agrees.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cardiac cats » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:56 pm

;-D great move for the ravens assuming rolle can stay healthy. I can see a very, very oppurtuntic defense next year with a lot of picks, fumbles, Defensvie Td's and the like... I would certainly take this D above all else fantasy wise.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby cardiac cats » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:07 am

:-o can't seem to spell opportunistic tonight...
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:28 am

deluxe_247 wrote:coulda, woulda, shoulda....but didnt. B-)

I'm trying to say that the Jets were better than the ravens last year (just as good without chad), and I think they can be just as good next year if they have a good draft.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:32 am

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:coulda, woulda, shoulda....but didnt. B-)

I'm trying to say that the Jets were better than the ravens last year (just as good without chad), and I think they can be just as good next year if they have a good draft.

only time will tell...but you and i will have to make a friendly wager when our teams meet....like loser will have to sport a special sig for a couple of weeks or something...

anyways..hope you arent taking any of this personally..i admire a man who sticks by his team. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk