Rolle A Raven - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rolle A Raven

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:58 am

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:i think you are just bitter because you know we are going to dominate next year.

Ravens fans are so hyped up all of the sudden. I honestly don't see much difference between next year's team and this past year's team. Sure you have signed mason, but he is on the wrong side of thirty, and i'd be surprised if boller can even get him the ball. Rolle is injury prone, and I honestly don't see how you can improve the secondary much more than it already is.

I'm just not seeing a Ravens team that will be able to beat the Steelers until they get a better QB under center.

We're all busy hyping Carolina in the NFC. Their defense is pretty stout, and how many hurt players did they have last year?

The Ravens could be the Panthers of the AFC. :-?

I think they have a little bit of merit to be excited. They have great offensive weapons in Heap, Mason, and Jamal Lewis. If the QB does what Matt Hasselbeck did two years ago and goes on a huge run, they could be very, very dangerous. Granted, it will be much harder for them to compete in the AFC with the Steelers, Patriots, and Colts to deal with, but they will more than likely be fighting for the division and a playoff berth. The Ravens have always given the Steelers difficulty because of matchups.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RayVins » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:38 am

Azrael wrote:Hmm, now they have 2 lock down guys instead of just one. What are Reed and Demps going to do, twiddle their thumbs? :-b

Tampa Bay proved you don't need a great offense to win. An excellent defense can certainly carry the day.

yeah, before tampa bay there was baltimore. they were the team that showed you didnt need offense to win a SB.
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RayVins » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:40 am

deluxe_247 wrote:i think you are just bitter because you know we are going to dominate next year.

Ravens fans are so hyped up all of the sudden. I honestly don't see much difference between next year's team and this past year's team. Sure you have signed mason, but he is on the wrong side of thirty, and i'd be surprised if boller can even get him the ball. Rolle is injury prone, and I honestly don't see how you can improve the secondary much more than it already is.

I'm just not seeing a Ravens team that will be able to beat the Steelers until they get a better QB under center.

who was the only team to beat the steelers and roethlisberger last year? yeah... thats what i thought...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Evolution » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:50 am

RayVins wrote:

who was the only team to beat the steelers and roethlisberger last year? yeah... thats what i thought...

In all fairness to that comment... didnt Maddox start that game? So technically, while Ben played the majority of that game, he didnt start...

I think the Ravens would have been better off spending the Rolle money in a different area. It's not as if that defense needs much improvement, even if it is losing Hartwell and Baxter this offseason.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RayVins » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:30 am

Evolution wrote:
RayVins wrote:

In all fairness to that comment... didnt Maddox start that game? So technically, while Ben played the majority of that game, he didnt start...

I think the Ravens would have been better off spending the Rolle money in a different area. It's not as if that defense needs much improvement, even if it is losing Hartwell and Baxter this offseason.

yes, technically, he started the game. but adding rolle is taking us to the next level... first team with two shut down corners...
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:46 am

RayVins wrote:
Evolution wrote:
RayVins wrote:

yes, technically, he started the game. but adding rolle is taking us to the next level... first team with two shut down corners...

I don't know Ray Ray... what about the dynamic duo of Newman and Henry? Eh? Eh? Eh?

God help us...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby maddog60 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:55 pm

Ravens just became my favorites to win what should be a very tough division next year. With Rolle, McAlister, and Reed, I think they just bumped my Eagles down to #2 secondary in the league. Nice signing!
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:40 pm

How can anyone say they haven't improved? Their defense is even better. Their offense, with Heap, Ogden, and Jamal healthy, Mason as a #1, and Boller with another year of experience, should be solid. I think they are a early favorite to come out of the AFC.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:25 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:coulda, woulda, shoulda....but didnt. B-)

even jamal over there under my name agrees.

I'm trying to say that the Jets were better than the ravens last year (just as good without chad), and I think they can be just as good next year if they have a good draft.

only time will tell...but you and i will have to make a friendly wager when our teams meet....like loser will have to sport a special sig for a couple of weeks or something...

anyways..hope you arent taking any of this personally..i admire a man who sticks by his team. ;-D

I look forward to next year's wild card playoff matchup of the ravens and jets ;-D I think the game will probably be around a 10-7 finish considering the defenses and lack of offenses..
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:41 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:I look forward to next year's wild card playoff matchup of the ravens and jets ;-D I think the game will probably be around a 10-7 finish considering the defenses and lack of offenses..

The Jets defense isn't all that great ;-D
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk