Pollard to the Lions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pollard to the Lions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:02 pm

They also got Kennoy Kennedy today. How do Pollard and Kennedy's acquisitions affect how the Lions will draft? They have filled their two biggest needs I think. Alot of people had them selecting thomas Davis, would the still do this or go another directions. Is there a lions fan out there with a thought, or have lions fans gone the way of the dodd
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:06 pm

Trainer of Dolphins wrote:They also got Kennoy Kennedy today. How do Pollard and Kennedy's acquisitions affect how the Lions will draft? They have filled their two biggest needs I think. Alot of people had them selecting thomas Davis, would the still do this or go another directions. Is there a lions fan out there with a thought, or have lions fans gone the way of the dodd

There's no decision to be made for them...I believe they have to draft Thomas Davis now. Bad news for us Saints fans though.

Good deal for the Lions. 2005 Joey and Pollard=2004 Brees and Gates. This is Harrington's last chance...if he blows it this year, he has no more excuses and does not deserve to be a starter. Big uppage in the value of Dallas Clark as well, obviously.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Azrael » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:22 pm

Nah, Pollard's not near as athletic as Gates and Harrington has much better options in Rogers and Williams. Gates is on a totally different level athletically.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:00 pm

im really liking how the lions offense is looking next season...they should be pretty strong.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Calyxes » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:39 am

They look strong on paper but we all know how they lions end up playing. I do have hope for this year if everyone stays healthy. It will be an interesting season this year in Detroit.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Nilmerf » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:40 am

Great signing for a good price. ;-D
I'm happy for all you Lions fans. There's a lot of cool ones at the Cafe!
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LT Blue Colt » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:21 pm

Calyxes wrote:They look strong on paper but we all know how they lions end up playing. I do have hope for this year if everyone stays healthy. It will be an interesting season this year in Detroit.

I'll agree with that completely. If the Lions need to work on some other things now I hope they look at the O-line. Recievers, QB, backs, and TE can all look good, but that won't help them if Jones has no where to go, and Joey has no time. If we want to compete for the NFC central title we need a better line. They seemed to work decent together the last 3-4 games last season, but Detroit needs them to do better than that. But, I'm not sure what O-line men are left out in FA. Hopefully Mooch is focusing on them too.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:58 pm

Well, I think this means they're drafting Thomas Davis, not Heath Miller. Good signing, as I thought adding a TE would be great from them. Now if they sign Garcia so they have a competent QB, they could make a run for their division.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:04 pm

I wouldn't rule out the Lions taking Miller. Pollard is a weak run blocker and is at the end of his career being 33. I would hope they could draft Davis, but have doubts that he'll be there to take by the 10th pick.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:34 pm

I wouldnt rule out Millen taking Miller either, he loves to take injured players. If the Lions do take Miller and his sports hernia instead of going defence it will be another typical Lions year.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk