Okeafor A Cardinal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Okeafor A Cardinal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Okeafor A Cardinal

Postby RayVins » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:10 pm

Cardinals | Okeafor Agrees
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:53:35 -0800

The Arizona Cardinals have announced the team has reached an agreement with unrestricted free agent DE Chike Okeafor (Seahawks) on a five-year contract. Financial terms were undisclosed.

another one bites the dust...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Justin_Case » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:57 pm

Nice, was just about to post this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

Cardinals sign third key free agent

By MEL REISNER, AP Sports Writer
March 7, 2005
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- Arizona signed defensive end Chike Okeafor on Monday to a five-year, $25 million contract, the Cardinals' third big free agent addition in five days.

Okeafor follows offensive tackle Oliver Ross, who signed Friday, and quarterback Kurt Warner, who agreed to a deal Sunday. Warner will sign his contract and hold a news conference Tuesday.

``I've been a big believer since the day I got here that Arizona has all the ingredients to attract the top NFL free agents, and our three signees are a great indication of that,'' second-year coach Dennis Green said.

Like the others, Okeafor provides a strong upgrade at his position. He was Seattle's left defensive end last season and had a career-high 8 1/2 sacks after recording eight the previous season.

He also had two sacks and four tackles in the Seahawks' 27-20 loss to St. Louis in an NFC wild card game Jan. 8.

Okeafor, who also visited Denver, said during his visit to Arizona headquarters on Saturday that it was obvious Green is serious about shaking the Cardinals' doormat image.

``From playing against them and watching on film, there is some heart there,'' he said.

Okeafor, 28, was interested in the Cardinals in 2003, when he became a free agent after four years with San Francisco. But they were put off by a neck injury, and he signed with the Seahawks instead.

``He's been a productive player, especially over the last two years,'' Arizona football operations vice president Rod Graves said. ``He's young and getting better all the time, and the thing that impressed us most about him is his effort on the field. He's a continual, high-effort player, and that's the kind of attitude we're building this defense with.''

Okeafor will play opposite right defensive end Bertrand Berry, who had 14 1/2 sacks last season and was a Pro Bowl starter, and should give the team with a formidable pass rush.

The Cardinals had 38 sacks last season after three years when they totaled an NFL-low 61.

Justin_Case
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:02 pm

Starting to look like the Seahawk games will all be 45-42 games. All of our good D players are leaving. :-t
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moochman » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:40 am

This is very hard to type but I think the Cards have actually made some good moves. :-o

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Nilmerf » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:38 am

SeaWolf wrote:Starting to look like the Seahawk games will all be 45-42 games. All of our good D players are leaving. :-t

That's true.. but would you pay Okeafor $5 million? I wouldn't. Tough to see him go to a division rival though. Damn, teams sure pay an arm and a leg for free agency.

The key for the Seahawks will be to draft defensively, then do an awesome training camp and preseason coaching job to help them adjust.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:59 am

Screw him. And screw the Cards.

That's right. I'm hatin'.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:48 am

dksljfdslkjfdskfjkfdsfjdsklsdd
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby hayesb26 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:01 am

Good move for the cards. They're making some surprisingly solid moves this offseason!
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:32 am

Nilmerf wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:Starting to look like the Seahawk games will all be 45-42 games. All of our good D players are leaving. :-t

That's true.. but would you pay Okeafor $5 million? I wouldn't. Tough to see him go to a division rival though. Damn, teams sure pay an arm and a leg for free agency.

The key for the Seahawks will be to draft defensively, then do an awesome training camp and preseason coaching job to help them adjust.

I'm not complaining that we didn't "show him the money". It's just that we have lost one of our starting CB, one starting OLB, and one starting DE. When will the bleeding stop one the d side of the ball, and that side wasn't even our good side going into free agent siging period. :-o
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby awwchrist » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:27 pm

Yep.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk