Duran Duran Sig - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Duran Duran Sig

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Duran Duran Sig

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:50 pm

Hey all, I've finally decided to break down and get a Duran Duran sig made. I wanted to use one of the photos below, but didn't know which one to pick. I also wanted Dr. Duran Duran typed, but I wanted to know if you could use the Duran Duran logo from the last picture when writing "Dr. Duran Duran" on the sig. Let me know if one of you creative fellas cares to handle this one for me. If you have any questions, just ask. I have some ideas, but would love to hear some of yours as well.

Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:50 pm

ill give this one a shot....but ive noticed a number of people have looked at this thread already...if another cafe artist is making this right now...please speak up as this might be a challenging project!! :-) duran...ill have to start playing with the pics you have here to come up with something...but the best one (the middle 2, B&W-color combo) has some pretty sharp angles to work with..the bottom pic is great, but kinda small, might looks a bit choppy if i re-size it...when i dig into it ill let you know what i think but its possible we might need to use a dif pic. ;-D either way i should have it done by tomorrow assuming someone else isnt doing one already ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:05 am

Thanks for taking this one, deluxe! So is it better for me to give you larger pictures to work with or smaller pictures? I can go out and get some more, that's not a problem, but let me know what you can work with. I don't know much about sig-making, but if you lead me in the right direction, I can find other pictures that would better fit our needs. Also, will using the "Duran Duran" logo from the bottom picture be a problem?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:43 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Thanks for taking this one, deluxe! So is it better for me to give you larger pictures to work with or smaller pictures? I can go out and get some more, that's not a problem, but let me know what you can work with. I don't know much about sig-making, but if you lead me in the right direction, I can find other pictures that would better fit our needs. Also, will using the "Duran Duran" logo from the bottom picture be a problem?

no problem man...i might be able to work off the ones you have. ill look up some more pics to find the best match for a sig and run them by you, or if you trust my judgement..decide on my own. but if you want to help me by finding any cool pics of them that would be sweet. as for the size thing...just think of the size of you sig and compare what the size of the guys in the pics are...if i have to make them smaller to fit you will get great quality..if you have to make the guys in the pics bigger for the sig...you lose quality..so you wanna try avoid doin that. the more im lookin at that bottom pic the more im likin it as a option...
and yeah the logo will be a piece of cake to throw in there ;-D i should have this done tomorrow assuming everything goes smoothly ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:34 pm

well bro..here ya go...i had to draw an arm on one of the guys to get it the way i wanted since he was on the edge of the pic you gave me...but it turned out ok :-)

Code: Select all
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us][IMG]http://img214.exs.cx/img214/6151/duran9re.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

if you want anything changed or this isnt what you had in mind...let me know ill change it up ;-D hope you like it man
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:37 pm

Wow D..That one is sweet. DDD should love that!
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Superman in Training » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:56 am

Another sweet sig by my man D-Lux!!!!

Good job bro! ;-D
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:43 am

It's awesome and the picture you chose is the one I wanted. I have an idea and hope it's okay if I share it with you. I have been sick and haven't been able to get here and for that I apologize. I'm glad you chose the picture you did, because it's the one I like the most, but here's my idea...

What if we just used this photo as is, with the red background, and had it off to the left...

Then had the red and grey "Dr. Duran Duran" logo from the top of the LP in a black background in the remaining room to the right. Your dlux logo in the upper right corner in red also. I want to go with a red/black motif to keep in the same style as the LP. The use of the "D" and the "R" to make "Dr" is really slick, too. That was a great idea. Let me know what you think and I'm sorry for being so difficult.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:52 am

yeah ill work on it
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:19 am

hows this?
Code: Select all
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us][IMG]http://img146.exs.cx/img146/5817/dddsig5eu.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests